Search the forum,

Discuss New monument pipe benders in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Jim Goodenough

Esteemed
Plumber
Hi,

Has anyone experience of the new Monument benders?

Any feedback?

Got a link? Didn't know they had a new pipe bender.

YOu mean the Monument Masters that just bend 15mm? Don't know tbh. However I'd guess that the yellow monument benders are China made nothing like the old ones so rippletastic.

You want BentitNow benders that used original Hilmor tooling.

Last edited:
Loks like Monument do 1 for 22mm and another for 15mm

Ive got both sizes. The 15mm works really well, the 22 is good but the arms even with extensions don't give great leverage so can be tricky to pull. as a pair they take up more space on the van than my old hilmor bender as you really need both sizes. Although it has a built in guide, it's only made of plastic so I'm not confident it will last as long as the traditional metal ones. I don't know if monument sell it as a spare part but if they don't, I cant imagine I would ever invest in a new bender if it broke.

I have the 15mm set. They are pretty short so storing is not an issue. I strap them on my bahco soldering kit bag. They are so easy to use as it retains a decent length of 15mm in the first section of the bender whilst you hook the second part. No messing about trying to hook the former in. The nylon former is a serviceable part but no idea how long they last. It creates a nice bend and so quickly. Not had any bends ripple yet and i just yank on those handles and pull that 90. My standard benders, both sets often ripple and need bends pulling slowly. Even with a new set of hilmors with new formers i still often got ripples. For just pulling short 90s or offsets, not fighting with the weight and size of the arms of a traditional bender, this thing is way better. You can also get extension handles that are 1/2inch thread which somebody pointed out the other day can be used as handles to carry around the big rads. You don't need the handles for 15mm, its pretty easy. I have found myself pulling bends more often on small jobs rather than using fittings and soldering as its now more convenient than previous, when i couldn't be bothered to go and get my benders from the van. I still have to have traditional benders for 22 but i should just get the 22 set also really. Id suggest for you to pull the trigger and get a set as they are brilliant.

For me the best solution for benders is old records on eBay. I brought a used once red record 15/22 for £35 last year in its box. I also have 2 record solos which are 15mm only(one brand new in box still) paid about £20 each for those. No ripples, no slack, 15mm solos do tight 180 bends. Can't beat tools from 30 years ago.

Reply to New monument pipe benders in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock