Search the forum,

Discuss New member Paul, dripping Franke Olympus Triflow tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul Hine

Hi all,
The above hardware has forced my entry into your murky plumbing cabal !
My tap is dripping (on the hot water side of triflow) and I would like to inspect the cartridge.
I have looked at the schematic on Franke's website which clearly shows hidden grub screws to remove the tap levers......my taps have none.....I've looked everywhere. I can remove the levers from the main body that turns but cannot work out what I might try next to get to the cartridges, any sage suggestions much appreciated.
Cheers
Paul

Hi Paul. Welcome to the forum.
This post should really have been posted under the Valves and Taps or Plumbing sections of this forum.
I have struggled with a few different versions of Franke Olympus mixers to remove the levers. Some drawings show grub screws, but not all have them and drawing may not relate to your exact model. I don't want to say how I discovered to remove handles on 2 different types of Olympus mixers, as yours could be different and risk of damage.
When you do go to put it all together, use some Vaseline or silicone grease on any meeting parts that might seize later.
Try this instruction to see if same as yours and let us know, -
http://www.frankefilterflow.co.uk/media//product_custom_files/t/r/triflow_olympus_2.pdf

Last edited:
This post should really have been posted under the Valves and Taps or Plumbing sections of this forum.
I have struggled with a few different versions of Franke Olympus mixers to remove the levers. Some drawings show grub screws, but not all have them and drawing may not relate to your exact model. I don't want to say how I discovered to remove handles on 2 different types of Olympus mixers, as yours could be different and risk of damage.
When you do go to put it all together, use some Vaseline or silicone grease on any meeting parts that might seize later.
http://www.frankefilterflow.co.uk/media//product_custom_files/t/r/triflow_olympus_2.pdf

Apologies for posting in the wrong place, I got a little excited with my introduction.
The link was bang on, I removed the valve, disassembled and cleaned it but the leak was still present when I fixed it back so I will find the correct part and order it.
Thanks for your prompt help.
Regards
Paul

You normally need to replace any faulty cartridge that causes tap to drip.
If you push against a handle, forcing it against the tap body, you might find the drip lessens or stops, which indicates that cartridge is faulty.
Central Services (Franke spares) will supply any parts you need, but expensive in my opinion now. About £20 inc vat there.

Last edited:
Franke don't half charge you for spares, I had cause to contact them a few weeks ago for a tap valve and they wanted my first born as payment ;)
I ended up using tap magician who were pretty good, still expensive but not like Franke.
These are the valves you will need, I'd go for the pack of 3 and replace all of them at once if I were you because if one has failed then the others are probably not far behind.
The Tap Magician

Welcome to the depths :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New member Paul, dripping Franke Olympus Triflow tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock