Search the forum,

Discuss New Member joined to day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Just wanted to say hello. Since retiring from work(not plumbing) I find myself doing much more DIY so it seems being a member of this community could be good. I live in Southern England with a wife and cat. Two kids flown the nest.

Hello and welcome

Hi Duncan,

I just refurbed the downstairs cloakroom. I tiled it, floored it and fitted new toilet and vanity unit. Slight issue with the new toilet blocking hence my joining the forum. Sometimes you just need somewhere to go for advice and maybe reassurance. :)

Good for you. Have you changed anything on the waste pipework and how did it perform before?
Old loo flushed perfectly and although it was close coupled, wife decreed it wasn't modern enough. I made one small change to the waste when an extension was needed because the toilet outlet didn't quite reach the existing waste pipe. The waste is the one that looks like a periscope. So now number 2s keep getting stuck in the pipework though they are not visible: they are not stuck in the pan.

Welcome along, you seem to keep yourself busy! How's the weather down there?

A bit stuffy and cloudy at the moment. Temperature around 23 C. Tomorrow is supposed to be seriously hot. We'll see.
I like to do DIY cos I get a sense of satisfaction and also I don't like paying someone to do a job I could do myself. I know my limitations of course so wouldn't dream of trying to plaster for example.

Yeah it is 29 forecast for here yippeee! Good time to live in the south, if you like the warm :cool:

I’ve invested in air con ever since we had that heat wave two years ago :D

Reply to New Member joined to day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock