• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss New Member joined to day in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Armitage Shanker

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello. Since retiring from work(not plumbing) I find myself doing much more DIY so it seems being a member of this community could be good. I live in Southern England with a wife and cat. Two kids flown the nest.

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Hello and welcome

DuncanM

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Hello and welcome along. What projects have you done? What you doing or planning?

OP
A

Armitage Shanker

Reaction score
Hi Duncan,

I just refurbed the downstairs cloakroom. I tiled it, floored it and fitted new toilet and vanity unit. Slight issue with the new toilet blocking hence my joining the forum. Sometimes you just need somewhere to go for advice and maybe reassurance. :)

DuncanM

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Good for you. Have you changed anything on the waste pipework and how did it perform before?

OP
A

Armitage Shanker

Reaction score
Good for you. Have you changed anything on the waste pipework and how did it perform before?
Old loo flushed perfectly and although it was close coupled, wife decreed it wasn't modern enough. I made one small change to the waste when an extension was needed because the toilet outlet didn't quite reach the existing waste pipe. The waste is the one that looks like a periscope. So now number 2s keep getting stuck in the pipework though they are not visible: they are not stuck in the pan.

Lou

By 'eck she's an admin lass
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome along, you seem to keep yourself busy! How's the weather down there?

OP
A

Armitage Shanker

Reaction score
A bit stuffy and cloudy at the moment. Temperature around 23 C. Tomorrow is supposed to be seriously hot. We'll see.
I like to do DIY cos I get a sense of satisfaction and also I don't like paying someone to do a job I could do myself. I know my limitations of course so wouldn't dream of trying to plaster for example.

Lou

By 'eck she's an admin lass
Admin
Reaction score
Yeah it is 29 forecast for here yippeee! Good time to live in the south, if you like the warm :cool:

OP
A

Armitage Shanker

Reaction score
I don't mind it being warm in the day but I just hate it when I cant sleep at night because of the heat. We have fans but I just cant bear the noise.

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
I’ve invested in air con ever since we had that heat wave two years ago :D

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Plumb Advice

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers - Plumbers Advice

Power Shower Booster for Power Showers - Plumbing Advice

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat - Plumbing Advice