Search the forum,

Discuss New Member Introduction in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys and Gals

Just found this web site in an effort to find a solution to a present CH problem.

Please see this as my introduction.

I'm a retired Cabinet Maker, Shop Fitter, Kitchen fitter, who progressed over the last 25 years to doing General Plumbing and Bathroom installations.
Had no problem with new installations as you can plan beforehand, but maintenance and problem solving is something else. Basically now limited to solving family problems.
Just thought I must also say I am now retired, but time seems to be taken up with providing family solutions to problems.

Thanks in advance for any info received, with regard to any request for help in the future.

Cheers Philbee

hello and welcome

Hi chaps
I have a problem.
Open vented CH system, Baxi Bermuda back boiler to 8mm microbore, solid ground floor.
2 rads upstairs and hall rad now won't work. Started off being warm up top cooler bottoms.(thought sludge so removed and flushed). Bucket tested valves found to be ok. Also hall rad cold top and bottom and both side valves pipes. Removed and flushed valves bucket tested ok. Flushed whole system and now have Sentinel X400 in system 24/7 normal temp. New Grunfos UPS 15-60 fitted with new pump isolators. All 3 rads cold both sides valves and pipes?
Where do I go from here?
Anything else I can try before opening floor up to identify pipe runs. Has been working fine for years until now, but does suggests a blockage somewhere?
Assume two pipe system but no way of being sure without taking floors up.

Last edited:
Hi chaps
I have a problem.
Open vented CH system, Baxi Bermuda back boiler to 8mm microbore, solid ground floor.
2 rads upstairs and hall rad now won't work. Started off being warm up top cooler bottoms.(thought sludge so removed and flushed). Bucket tested valves found to be ok. Also hall rad cold top and bottom and both side valves pipes. Removed and flushed valves bucket tested ok. Flushed whole system and now have Sentinel X400 in system 24/7 normal temp. New Grunfos UPS 15-60 fitted with new pump isolators. All 3 rads cold both sides valves and pipes?
Where do I go from here?
Anything else I can try before opening floor up to identify pipe runs. Has been working fine for years until now, but does suggests a blockage somewhere?
Assume two pipe system but no way of being sure without taking floors up.

Thanks for the welcome sorry for such a long 1st post.

Reply to New Member Introduction in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock