Search the forum,

Discuss new member and advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beepalm

Hi all, I am a newbie looking for some sound advice and reading through your website I feel as though I have come to the right place. Last week I had a new central heating system fitted, the old one was a gravity-fed, gas boiler hot water tank type. The new one is a mains-fed combi type, all new radiators were fitted and I am happy with the installation. I have two queries - one, the hot water tap in the bathroom and kitchen(I live in a bungalow) started "screaming" and when turned off quickly the pipes kind of reverberate. The engineer came but said he couldn't do anything as the pressure was too high, he turned the pressure down on the boiler just a smidgeon but it made no difference. Any ideas? Second, 3 of the radiators have been fitted with no backs on them - is this correct? Thanks for any advice.

Sounds like water hammer caused by incorrectly/inadequately clipped pipework, if you have high water pressure it'll exasperate it.
What do you mean by no backs on your radiators?
Could you post a photo?

So he did'nt fit a presssure reducing valve and expansion vessel on thr main input?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new member and advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock