Search the forum,

Discuss New Kitchen sink when can I use it in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have just had a new kitchen sink installed, and the plumber filled it to the top and told me not to use it for 48 hours to ensure the sealant sets. Told if we use it beforehand, it could move. Is this correct sounds like a long time for the sealant to set.

Sounds like he’s bodged it and not installed the clips tbh the joiner should of fitted it to the new worktop when he cut the hole

I have just had a new kitchen sink installed, and the plumber filled it to the top and told me not to use it for 48 hours to ensure the sealant sets. Told if we use it beforehand, it could move. Is this correct sounds like a long time for the sealant to set.

Reply to New Kitchen sink when can I use it in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Plumber had fitted a new mono kitchen tap. The hot water takes ages to get hot if at all. The on lever hadn’t much turn on it and it’s at full throttle. Also when I point tap to bowl with fairy liquid in, it doesn’t have enough power to make bubbles
Replies
Views
B
Hello I’m not going to explain this very well but I will try my best. I’m planning on installing a kitchen sick by myself with no plumbing experience. I will be going from a double sink to a single basin. The part im having trouble figuring out is how to put the pipes back together with the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
A while ago I replaced a leaky, corroded sink trap. That all appears to be fine, I can't find any leaks with it, and everything under the sink appears to be consistently dry. The problem I have is that there appears to be a leak where the waste pipe out from the bottle trap meets the wall...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello The existing tap is leaking in the kitchen. Few days back, it randomly let out more water than what it was leaking before and it created a mess. Need some help on replacing a old kitchen tap. Here are some pictures for the old tap and new tap that we have in kitchen. I have also...
Replies
Views
Hello all I have had an extension built which will have 3 radiators to the big main room, a utility sink and a shower room (ground works, waste, and pipes etc are in) The builder is not installing the sanitary ware as I will have to save up in order to fit the shower room in a few years time...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock