Search the forum,

Discuss New inlet float valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi, I have just replaced an ideal standard inlet float valve for a new one (dudley hydoflo float valve). I have left the flow reducer in (water pressure is approx 1.8 bar) however when the float moves upwards the water doesn't stop flowing!

I have tried another inlet ball valve and this does exactly the same thing, am I missing something...any help gratefully received

Steve

Hi Steve, please register in line with the forum guidelines. You may want to have a search as I seem to remember this has come up before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New inlet float valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an inlet valve that is allowing some water in even when the float is raised. I wanted to check the washer - presumably diaphragm, but after taking off the cap, I'm unsure how to dismantle the valve. Any tips? The inlet came with a NUCA C211 valve. The other option is to remove/replace...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping someone can help. Our dishwasher is leaking and the manual says this can be fixed by cleaning the water inlet filter. To do this, we need to close the...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, one of the two hooks on my toilet Torbeck fill valve has broken, and so the float can't connect. I've bought a new fill valve, however it's incredibly difficult to access underneath and replace the whole valve. I therefore just want to replace the plastic part that has the two hooks...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all, apologies in advance for my ignorance. I have an old style toilet with what I've researched is a ballcock. The toilet was screaming every time we flushed so I googled and found it was the diaphragm valve that needed replaced. I bought a pack of diaphragm seals and attempted to change...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a property and amongst several other issues, the toilet float valve appears to keep getting stuck and therefore prevented from filling. I am unsure what type of float valve I have. Each time I push the top part of the float (pictured on the left) it then starts to fill. I...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock