Search the forum,

Discuss New house with 32kw combi boiler - I need 3 showers running is this enough in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

Many years ago I upgraded my house to 3 showers, had a megaflow and worcester greenstar 24i fitted, and upgraded external connection coming into the house, had 3 showers running lovely, no problems with pressure nor flow and no system hiccups. Love the system. I have just bought a old house, which has a fairly new combi (32kw Ideal max Vogue fitted), it looks a pretty decent boiler, but I am planning on an extension in about a year, which will have two new bathrooms. For now though I want to run 1 Bathshower, one showeroom, and a downstairs shower, plus central heating. There is no cylinder, so for now it may be ok. How could I upgrade the system rather than replace a boiler still under warrantly to cope with at least another ensuite in the loft and further rads, will eventually have at least 11? I dont want cold trickling showers when the kids all decide at the same time they need a shower (which they often do at the moment). Or do I just go lock stock and barrel now and put in a 210 litre megaflow with perhaps a 3oi Worcester system boiler, so save addition pipework runs/costs later. All advice much appreciated.

You can probably add a cylinder to the current system and use the existing combi to heat it during the night.

Systems like this work well and you don't have to replace a perfectly good boiler.

You can probably add a cylinder to the current system and use the existing combi to heat it during the night.

Systems like this work well and you don't have to replace a perfectly good boiler.
Thank you for advice. Would you recommend any particular cylinder type to go with a system like this?

Thank you for advice. Would you recommend any particular cylinder type to go with a system like this?
I like Megaflo (Heatrae Sadia) myself but I'm in a minority around here as they are relatively expensive. If you use the search box on the top right you'll find numerous threads discussing the pros and cons of various makes and types.

I normally recommend the homeowner shops around for a good installer and then lets them shop around for the right cylinder.

As you probably know, the installer has to be 'G3' qualified to install unvented hot water systems so make sure you check this is the case.

If you are building an extension, it's a good time to consider whether you want some solar panels as part of the HW system. Which cylinder you want will depend on this.

Last edited:
I like Megaflo (Heatrae Sadia) myself but I'm in a minority around here as they are relatively expensive. If you use the search box on the top right you'll find numerous threads discussing the pros and cons of various makes and types.

I normally recommend the homeowner shops around for a good installer and then let's them shop around for the right cylinder.

As you probably know, the installer has to be 'G3' qualified to install unvented hot water systems so make sure you check this is the case.

If you are building an extension, it's a good time to consider whether you want some solar panels as part of the HW system. Which cylinder you want will depend on this.
Thank you, I am getting a couple of quotes for bathrooms and the like, so will check out cylinder option with them.

Think baxi have launched some 'Main' branded cylinders, might be megaflow with a main sticker?

Reply to New house with 32kw combi boiler - I need 3 showers running is this enough in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock