Search the forum,

Discuss New home - unsure how to work heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all I have just moved into a brand new build. My entire heating system is all new. I have oil central heating, high pressure water system and a multi fuel stove which also has a back boiler. I have 3 thermostats in my hot press a white one for the stove, and two orange ones - upstairs and downstairs (all 3 thermostats are set at 60 degrees) I have been advised it is best to leave the hot water turned on at the oil control panel all the time as this will produce continuous hot water and heat the radiators when required in seconds. When I leave the hot water on constant it heats my upstairs radiators even when I am not requesting it or have these radiators switched on at the main oil switch? Also right now it is 21.07 - I haven’t had the water switched on constant for a few days to avoid the hot radiators whilst we are asleep (or trying to sleep feeling like we are in the Bahamas) so today I put both upstairs radiators, downstairs radiators and hot water on from 5-6pm. The downstairs radiators are stone cold as the heat went off over 3 hours ago but upstairs are still hot and the room thermostat upstairs is still orange? The oil control panel shows the oil is not on since 6pm. I looked outside and the burner is not fired up. The room thermostat is at 20 degrees. I don’t know where I am going wrong or how to work this heating efficiently. It’s all a very complex system. I would like some help understanding it please. Thank you in advance

Just call in the C0 that installed it and say you want someone to explain how to control it, its possible that it may-not be working correctly, if this is on a new building site call into site office and tell them what is going on .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New home - unsure how to work heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock