Search the forum,

Discuss New Forum Tags in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
"Unliked" Member - Below 0.25 - refers to their lack of likes, they might be a nice person offline. But they've not done well on the forum that's for sure!
- Advice: don't post useless posts. You're posting a lot of posts that don't get likes. They're not ones anybody will remember. This isn't Facebook, take your banter to there. Don't take posts off-topic. Help the Original Poster (Thread Starter) in their threads. Don't take them off topic.

"Meh" Member - 0.25 - 0.5 - getting there, should have done better, didn't quite. Some near the top end of this, are not far off the next stage though.
- Advice: Try to post a bit better. Get more likes by posting better. Posting 5 word replies wont get you likes in those. So decent long posts help.

"Alright" Member - 0.5 - 0.75 - could be a nasty person offline for all we know. But their posts have quite a few likes. About half of them, to nearly three quarters in fact. So they're not bad.

"Esteemed" - 0.75+ - A really good forum member. They're clearly helpful in posts of theirs. Perhaps posted guides or that kinda jazz.

These guys need keep it up. Well done. To the 'Alright' members, you're not far off esteemed. Post some more good threads and post. Don't post short replies. Be helpful to the OP all the time.

This is all like-count based.

You can multiply your post by some of the above numbers to see where you are in relation to each group.

This is a bit of a trial. To see if we can help members be better posters. And get them create some help threads.

N.B I'm watching how they're used, and if you abuse them, and follow each other around swapping likes on old posts etc, or have a post like buddy you click on posts with all the time and they do the same, you will get your account restricted. And ALL your own likes risk been erased that you've given out and received.

So please don't abuse this. It's a good thing, we can see how people are getting on all the time. And we know who's advice it going to be trusted, as other people will agree to those messages and it's obvious when the advice is spot on.

So use the likes a lot. Use the agree one a lot. And even if it's an old post that you find, as long as it's the odd one, like it. Don't like the same few people only all the time though!

I've closed the other threads. You're welcome to ask questions about these tags. And give your opinion and stuff. But keep the thread on topic please. :)

So I've posted over 1700 messages on your forum, most of which to my knowledge has been good advice to other members and which I generally do hope has helped them, and you award me with a meh member tag. How's that going to look to the public who are asking for professional advice? Do you think they're going to take my answer seriously? Yes I've disagreed and argued with other members as they have me but when the public ask a question, I answer it professionally. I seriously think you need to re assess the direction your taking this forum before you end up with just a bunch of diyers giving out wrong information.

So I've posted over 1700 messages on your forum, most of which to my knowledge has been good advice to other members and which I generally do hope has helped them, and you award me with a meh member tag. How's that going to look to the public who are asking for professional advice? Do you think they're going to take my answer seriously? Yes I've disagreed and argued with other members as they have me but when the public ask a question, I answer it professionally. I seriously think you need to re assess the direction your taking this forum before you end up with just a bunch of diyers giving out wrong information.
The forum automatically awarded them. Your advice wasn't that liked mate else your have had more. And then a higher their tag.

Less than half your posts got a like.

That's a bit meh.
It's not that many posts either we have members with 60,000

Joining in when plonkers are posting crap replies hasn't helped you mate.

I'd say about 250 or your posts are worth keeping and I'd bin the rest personally. Just had a look.

You join in with the crap too much. You don't actually help the person who posted a thread.

We have members on Tilersforums with 1700 posts and 4000 likes.

So come off that pedestal matey. :)

Just because other members haven't liked or agreed with my post, doesn't mean it was bad advice. I've read loads of decent informative posts but haven't clicked like or agree. Automatic or not, it was you that implemented the system. I challenge you to read through my posts and still come back and call me a meh member. The same as townfanjon, firemant, Chalked, ben-gee, chuck and others are all members who give proper professional advice and your system labels them meh.

Reactions: Dan
As a matter of interest, what's the ratio of 'likes' to 'posts' for the whole forum?
It isn't worked out like that mate. There are thousands of accounts with less than 250 posts and those will be asking a lot of questions and not answering. These tags don't kick in until then.

We have 1 million posts.
Not sure on likes.

This forum is 14 years old. We didn't have likes for 4 or 5 of them.

Just because other members haven't liked or agreed with my post, doesn't mean it was bad advice. I've read loads of decent informative posts but haven't clicked like or agree. Automatic or not, it was you that implemented the system. I challenge you to read through my posts and still come back and call me a meh member. The same as townfanjon, firemant, Chalked, ben-gee, chuck and others are all members who give proper professional advice and your system labels them meh.
So you want me to go find some of the posts that you didn't get likes clicked on? Lol

Posts that are good with good advice get likes clicked on them. Trust me. Click your name, and go to your profile, and click postings. You'll see your posts mate. They aren't liked at all. Your sarcastic "funny" ones are if anything.

Advice provided in the first post to increase them.

I won't be replying to this anymore. ;)

This doesn’t sit right with me either.

Thanks for including me in your list Craig, that means more to me than this meh business.

I’m going to give it’s rest and come back in a while and see how it is then.

This doesn’t sit right with me either.

Thanks for including me in your list Craig, that means more to me than this meh business.

I’m going to give it’s rest and come back in a while and see how it is then.
They have too much bants. I will be around in a few months too lol just delete your account mate.

Your post and like counts haven't changed are you really bitching about a tag in a website pmsl.
You're close to 'alright Member' though still very new to be fair so hardly going to change the forum for you matey

Okay peeps. I've removed the Unliked, Meh and Alright, and reduced the criteria for Esteemed.

So a few more heads have it.

Please post better now we know what's going on with the likes system. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Forum Tags in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock