Search the forum,

Discuss New Drain Line into existing manhole in the Australia area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all
Im after some advice please. This is a bit difficult to explain so i have added some pics.
I am adding an ensuite to the house. As part of this i am adding a new soil stack as the original soil stack is at the back of the property and ensuite is at the front.

My problem is i need to route this stack/line into the existing manhole. I am adding and IC where there is a change in direction. The direction this new line enters the manhole is opposite to the direction the manhole currently flows.

I was thinking of breaking into the manhole and then benching a substantial enough bend to direct towards the outlet flow.
Can anyone advise if this is ok or if there is a better solution. I do not want to in anyway alter the existing clay pipes which i think are 6 inch.

I have added a bend straight over the outlet (not blocking it) - this is just a dry run for illustation - do you think this is ok or does it need to come in and benched into a bend towards the flow.

I have building control involved who i can call out at some point but im just wondering the options

Attachments

• 1a323b5b-76a8-4dfe-8214-6e5b6e417bc0.jpg
    1a323b5b-76a8-4dfe-8214-6e5b6e417bc0.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 1d4f0326-ea35-4416-8eb6-027a971f1b7b.jpg
    1d4f0326-ea35-4416-8eb6-027a971f1b7b.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 41
  • a76bc25d-ed51-4614-801d-fab0c12c087a.jpg
    a76bc25d-ed51-4614-801d-fab0c12c087a.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 61f87833-ff30-4cbe-bd74-8870dc0a1250.jpg
    61f87833-ff30-4cbe-bd74-8870dc0a1250.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 39
  • aa095d16-980f-4f0e-befb-af9c92d197dc.jpg
    aa095d16-980f-4f0e-befb-af9c92d197dc.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 40
Hi all
Im after some advice please. This is a bit difficult to explain so i have added some pics.
I am adding an ensuite to the house. As part of this i am adding a new soil stack as the original soil stack is at the back of the property and ensuite is at the front.

My problem is i need to route this stack/line into the existing manhole. I am adding and IC where there is a change in direction. The direction this new line enters the manhole is opposite to the direction the manhole currently flows.

I was thinking of breaking into the manhole and then benching a substantial enough bend to direct towards the outlet flow.
Can anyone advise if this is ok or if there is a better solution. I do not want to in anyway alter the existing clay pipes which i think are 6 inch.

I have added a bend straight over the outlet (not blocking it) - this is just a dry run for illustation - do you think this is ok or does it need to come in and benched into a bend towards the flow.

I have building control involved who i can call out at some point but im just wondering the options
Call in building control as above especially as they will be impressed by your neat and methodical approach looks very professional ...centralheatking

Reply to New Drain Line into existing manhole in the Australia area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock