Search the forum,

Discuss New customer called about a Potterton flamingo making popping sound in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

moonlight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have had a call from a customer to say her boiler is making a popping sound and it turns out, she has not been able to hear it but her friend said its being doing it for a while. I was sent a video of the boiler, showing the flame through the window. Main flame looks good but it looks like the pilot goes out then relights? I am going to have a look on Monday. She said it was serviced a couple of years ago, her friend said she had been hearing the sound for quite a while. Anyone come across this before? I would like to go in with some useful knowledge. Thanks

I have had a call from a customer to say her boiler is making a popping sound and it turns out, she has not been able to hear it but her friend said its being doing it for a while. I was sent a video of the boiler, showing the flame through the window. Main flame looks good but it looks like the pilot goes out then relights? I am going to have a look on Monday. She said it was serviced a couple of years ago, her friend said she had been hearing the sound for quite a while. Anyone come across this before? I would like to go in with some useful knowledge. Thanks
Also on the asbestos register so better check the serial no. 😘☑️

Reply to New customer called about a Potterton flamingo making popping sound in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I waited a while before I posted this as I wanted to see how long the issue would go on for. There is a whistling sound from the pipes next to the bathroom but not when I use the water in my flat but whenever my neighbour does who lives below me. Everyone got disconnected from the...
Replies
Views
Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these £300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or HW.. ( I had to dig backwards from the customers phone number he had) . Turns out the email for invoice i asked for is fake, dont reply to my text...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It required a drain and refill of the system, and as he left, he advised my I would need to bleed all the radiators, at some point, given a few days, when...
Replies
Views
Hey folks, I'm wondering if someone could possibly help, I'm looking for a possible part number b4 I call ideal in the morning, I fitted an Ideal vogue 6years ago so it's generation 1 vogue c32, I also fitted a RF wireless controller (prt4) The reciever part plugs directly onto the boiler...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock