Search the forum,

Discuss New combination PRV is humming loudly in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have just replaced the combination pressure reducing valve on the inlet to my unvented got water cylinder. The new valve is exactly the same model as the old valve, but hums very loudly when any hot tap is turned on. The only time there is no humming is when a tap is fully open. You can feel the valve vibrating when the water is running.

The valve is a Heatrae Sadia Santon 95605022 Premier Plus Cold Water Combination Valve. Any suggestions as to the issue, or if it is just a faulty valve? Many thanks

You really should not be replacing these safety devices unless you are a G3 qualified engineer there are other things to check vibrations are sometimes caused by restrictions within the combination valve . Kop

What led you to changing the combination valve? And as KOP said above, unvented cylinders are not a DIY repair.

The old valve had failed and was releasing constantly from the cylinder side. The expansion vessel had the correct charge, and my plumber diagnosed the issue as being the valve.

The old valve had failed and was releasing constantly from the cylinder side. The expansion vessel had the correct charge, and my plumber diagnosed the issue as being the valve.

How did you check the function of new valve?
Plumber might have misdiagnosed your problem or your new combination valve is faulty.
Does your plumber have the G3 unvented qualification?
You need to call him to check everything and to replace any components.
Check his qualifications if in doubt, but it should be on any service paperwork for the yearly service to keep unit working properly and safe.

Reply to New combination PRV is humming loudly in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock