Search the forum,

Discuss New cartridge in but shower head still leaks. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Just installed a new Moen shower cartridge. The shower head still leaks. What is causing this?

Does the cartridge form part of the on/off?
The cartridge sits inside the valve body. Hot water is supplied to a port on one side of the cartridge and cold water is supplied to a port on the the other side. The shower handle is rotated with the single lever shower handle to turn the cartridge from the "off" position through to the cold and hot positions. So, the cartridge is used to completely shut the water off as well as control the water temperature.

Reply to New cartridge in but shower head still leaks. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I had a new bathroom fitted about 4 months ago and all was fine until about a week ago. But now when I turn the lever to run the rain head there is a 30s delay until water starts coming out , very slowly then builds up to the flow I would expect. ( I can hear water running and filling up...
Replies
Views
My puppy ate my shower head where it connects to the hose. It's an expensive shower head (hand held) how do I fix just that piece? Is it possible?
Replies
Views
Mira shower head. Does anyone know anything about this shower head (I will post pics) Its gotten a bit dishevelled, does it come apart easily & then just unscrew to replace with a different one ?
Replies
Views
S
The inside brass threads in my Moen rough in two handle Roman tub valve (Moen | Bathroom & Kitchen Faucets, Shower Heads, Accessories & More - https://www.moen.com/products/M-Pact/M-Pact-Two-Handle-Roman-Tub-Valve-10-Center-1-2-CC-Connection/4796) were cross threaded with the nylon cartridge...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock