• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss New build house smell in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Not really what they are designed for but would solve your problem short term if this is getting you down ?? Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210717-183150.png
    Screenshot_20210717-183150.png
    794.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20210717-183208.png
    Screenshot_20210717-183208.png
    869.7 KB · Views: 8

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I wouldn't think so don't I wouldn't mention it to them see if it cures your problem end of the day it's your property .

scott_d

Plumber
Gas Engineer
I think it’s quite common to employ someone who creates a snagging list for new builds.
I’m sure they can advise on how to get the builder to act in a reasonable timeframe.

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Most new builds have 18 months - 24 months my son has a brand new property the shower tray is leaking been six months butwillget sorted eventually I suppose

I think it’s quite common to employ someone who creates a snagging list for new builds.
I’m sure they can advise on how to get the builder to act in a reasonable timeframe.
We are doing a snagging list ourselves but it seems impossible to find the reason for the awful intermittent smell. The builder is far too busy and ignores us..and our next door neighbour who has same problem.

gmartine

Gas Engineer
If all three houses suffer from the same problem it seems likely it'll relate to the pumping station. Flush some septic tank treatment down the toilet (preferably when nearer empty than full) and see if it delays the stink some.

If all three houses suffer from the same problem it seems likely it'll relate to the pumping station. Flush some septic tank treatment down the toilet (preferably when nearer empty than full) and see if it delays the stink some.
Thank you for your reply. All 3 houses have same problem to a degree but we are worse effected. We are the highest property. The pumping station pumps to main drain so should I still put septic tank treatment down? Should the 'holding' tank be ventilated? Had a look and there is no ventilation at all. A tank in the ground and next to it a green metal box which has a hole in the top but nothing attached to the hole, looked into the hole and there is no vent. I really appreciate your knowledge and help, thanks.

Reply to New build house smell in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net