Search the forum,

Discuss New Boiler Stop/Start Loud Vibration - Valiant Ecotec Plus 615 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Looking for some advice on a new Valiant Ecotec Plus 615 boiler, fitted a few weeks ago. It makes an on/off vibration shown in the video link below, and is loud enough for me to hear easily in the living room (I live in a 2 bedroom apartment and my boiler is in the bedroom). Our old boiler, a Valiant ecotec plus 615 (likely to be 5+ years old, only lived in the apartment for 2 years) never used to make these kind of sounds, although we do live in an area with hard water. The sound in the video isn't constant, I'd say it comes on maybe once/twice a day or so, during daylight hours.

Temperature was at 45c when I saw it but may have been lower when the noise started before the recording, as it was increasing and shortly after the noise stopped (it stopped at the end of the video) the temp went up to 65c.

I did notice after installation, that two of my radiators suddenly had cold spots so need bleeding so it seems the installer didn't do them properly. Could the noise be simply due to the radiators needing bleeding?

There is also a more humming rather than vibrating noise which happens when the boiler is on and comes up often, which isn't like any noises we had on our old boiler, not too worried about that (not sure if I should be) but the noise happens in the middle of the night when the heating and hot water would be off which concerns me, but it's more gentle and just more of a humming noise.

Would call the installer to get him to take a look as he installed it a few weeks ago, but as I've got someone very vulnerable to covid-19 in my household, would really rather fix the issue myself if that's an option.

Would really appreciate any help given.

Link to noise

you need to get engineer back who fitted it or get Vaillant out under warranty I have an inkling what it may be, but it won't be something that sorts itself out.

Thanks for your reply, out of interest what do you think it may be? By the sounds of it something beyond consumer changing settings etc?

Hi. I have just had a Vailant 618 boiler fitted a week ago and am experiencing something very similar, though its more of a constant vibrating/humming noise rather than one that comes on and off. Did you resolve your problem, and if so what was the issue?

Get the installer back ?

Get the installer back ?
I did. The first guy they said told me he was a bit deaf and could not hear it. The second guy just said it is normal boiler noise. They do not seem to have an idea, hence me trying to find out myself what the issue could be.

I had A similar experience with my ecotec 418 shortly after installation, Valiant determined it was a faulty heat exchanger and replaced it under warranty, problem gone.....maybe not your issue, but thought I would mention it......wish I had bought a boiler that turns down to 3.5KW, but that’s another story 🤔

Reply to New Boiler Stop/Start Loud Vibration - Valiant Ecotec Plus 615 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock