Search the forum,

Discuss New boiler required advice please in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have an Ecotec 615 system boiler fitted in 2007. Recently fault code 75 has appeared and the boiler won't ignite. It goes through 5 cycles trying to turn on before the fault code appears. An engineer has been out three times and has tried fitting a new pressure sensor switch, a new pump and lastly recharge the expansion vessel but the same fault is appearing, although this morning I was able to switch the boiler off then back on again and it ignited after the second time of asking. Is it time for a new boiler or should I continue to throw money at this . At the moment I have spent over £500.

Richard

Valiant do a fixed price repair around the £300 mark and your engineer should of made you aware of this

Agree with @ShaunCorbs above to some extent. However you shouldn’t need vaillant for that repair. Check your water quality in the system.

A F75 fault is either a pump or a flow sensor problem it should not be hard for a engineer to diagnose this , as H has said water quality and treatment in the system is critically important 60% of boiler breakdowns are caused by dirt in the system, treat the cause first then carry out the nessesary repair . What work had been carried out up to now ?

I have an Ecotec 615 system boiler fitted in 2007. Recently fault code 75 has appeared and the boiler won't ignite. It goes through 5 cycles trying to turn on before the fault code appears. An engineer has been out three times and has tried fitting a new pressure sensor switch, a new pump and lastly recharge the expansion vessel but the same fault is appearing, although this morning I was able to switch the boiler off then back on again and it ignited after the second time of asking. Is it time for a new boiler or should I continue to throw money at this . At the moment I have spent over £500.

Richard
Thanks for the replies. In the end the Engineer returned and vacuumed out debris that was in the pipes leading to the heat exchanger. So far all is well and the boiler is firing up automatically. Might now need one of those magna clean filters

£500....I’d be looking for that plumber firstly and be saying either come fix my boiler or give me some cash back.

Why can’t I find customers happy to pay £500 with no guarantees of a repair! Must be a post code thing perhaps.

Reply to New boiler required advice please in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock