Search the forum,

Discuss New boiler, rads keep getting cold in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

No, I'm afraid or thankful that I've never heard of them. I replaced all (8) my 10/12 year old assorted ones but mainly Myson over the summer with "cheap?", around £12, EPH ones, all working perfectly well.

Tower I believe are in the lower price bracket, and in my experience I would tend to stick with proven named brands such as Honeywel, Drayton, Pegler et al.

Are you able to remove the trv heads? If so, you could remove the ones where fitted and see how long they stay hot for and if the rads are indeed getting hot?

Tower I believe are in the lower price bracket, and in my experience I would tend to stick with proven named brands such as Honeywel, Drayton, Pegler et al.

Are you able to remove the trv heads? If so, you could remove the ones where fitted and see how long they stay hot for and if the rads are indeed getting hot?
Just took trv head off rad immediately hot. Let's see if it stays hot. Thank you will update

and get some neighbor that has a hammer (no don't do that), get him to reverse it and us the handle to push the pin(s) in (they should then spring out but only move ~ 3 to 5mm)

Just did as you suggested immediately went hit. Now will see if it stays that way. Will update

Just took trv head off rad immediately hot. Let's see if it stays hot. Thank you will update
The head is normally held on with a knurled nut so the head should be fitted with it fully opened (index 5) then finger tighten the nut otherwise you are trying to push in the pin at the same time.

Thank you so much it stayed on. We have put the head back on nie. Wow that was tricky as it was very very hot without it. So can I assume that it is obviously the trvs.

Thank you so much it stayed on. We have put the head back on nie. Wow that was tricky as it was very very hot without it. So can I assume that it is obviously the trvs.
I would say trv issue yes. Perhaps the original installer and yourselves can come to some agreement?

Reply to New boiler, rads keep getting cold in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock