Search the forum,

Discuss New Boiler - Pressurised System or Combi Boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Good evening,

We are having issues with our current system, mainly around the water pressure being low and having to rely on shower pumps to get enough pressure for our showers - our second pump in so many months has just died so I'm sick of it and figured It's probably worth it in the long run to switch our boiler to some kind of pressurised system and do away with the pumps. A bonus is that I've had my eye on getting rid of our loft tank so I can actually put stuff in my loft.

I don't really know where to start in terms of getting a combi boiler, or one of the systems with a pressurised tank in the airing cupboard so was looking for advice.

How can I tell if my pipes will take a pressurised system? As far as I'm aware everything is copper. Is a pressurised tank system better than a combi or does it depend on how big my house is? If I'm making this change is it sensible to get my radiators sorted at the same time or is it an easy enough job to do them later (they aren't ancient but will need changing at some point I assume)?

FYI We currently have a Worcester Greenstar 15Ri condensing boiler fitted

The answer to most of these questions is probably "get a plumber to look at it".

Thanks

how many bathrooms do you have and baths electric showers etc?

Sorry I meant to add that to the original post.

2 bathrooms and a toilet.

Bathroom upstairs with an electric shower (currently on a dead salamander pump). Bathroom upstairs with a shower mixer from the bath (currently on a brand new salamander pump after the last one died). Toilet downstairs in the room with the boiler.

if you keep the electric shower combi will do viessmann 111

On the basis you cannot get a quart out of a pint pot. You need
to check your actual water volume flow at two critical times
when all is quiet...Sunday am about 6am and then at peak demand
say 07.30 on a weekday when all the schools are back. Pressure
is relavant but volume crucial...use an outside tap 1st then the bath taps second time. Then have a look at what you get at least.big combis etc that claim 12 ltr per min are useless if you are only getting 5-9 ltr per min.You are not alone there are 20m combis hanging on the wall in Uk and a considerable number really disappoint their owners for this very reason apart from the crucial electro mechanical parts failing often after a short time.
centralheatking

The answer to most of these questions is probably "get a plumber to look at it".

Close. In fact, you need a plumber who is qualified to install unvented stored hot water systems. Sometimes referred to as having a "G3 ticket".

As an amateur, with a bit of reading, you can guess the answers yourself but there's not a lot of point; you'll still have to get someone with an unvented qualification to do the installation and they are going to make their own measurements and checks anyway.

Reply to New Boiler - Pressurised System or Combi Boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock