Search the forum,

Discuss New Boiler losing pressure ONLY when radiators running. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Arno

Over the winter my new valiant boiler was loosing pressure. From memory 2bar down to 0.6 bar when the boiler cut out. This would happen over 2 week period. Over the summer the thermostats are turned off and there is no loss of pressure over 3 months. The boiler installer claims this is a leak in the pipes (I have looked and I don't see anything but not lifted ground floor at this point) am I right in thinking even with the thermostats off the system is pressurised. So if there was a leak the pressure would still fall even if the rads were not running. I have not noticed any overflow/discharge coming from the external wall outlet.
any thoughts/help would be appreciated.
thanks

Get a GSR engineer to check it over for you. It sounds like it may be a problem in the boiler

Sounds like the heat is makin the leak worse... I'd say try some leak sealer in the radiators unless you can lift the ground floor & trace it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Boiler losing pressure ONLY when radiators running. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4 hours from 0-1.5 bar each time. This has been going on a week now. I have also started to notice small drips running down my condensate pipe...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock