Search the forum,

Discuss New boiler installation position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Just starting the refurb and extension and plan to put a new boiler under the stairs with a vented door directly to the outside. Thinking of putting a large hot water tank upstairs. Wanted to keep the boiler away from bedrooms if possible. What regs are there regards position?

Never ever put a boiler in a bedroom, its really poor practice in my opinion room sealed units will still be noisy, and it they go wrong its curtains for the sleeping occupant. A fan flued room sealed unit will not need a door ! or any type of cooling or ventilation. You need to put up
how big ur gaff and the number of bathrooms etc and I am sure we can advise you...Rob Foster
aka centralheatking

Hi Rob, was planning on putting the finishing hot water tank upstairs and the system boiler under the stars, only access to it would be via the external vented door.
6 bedroom 2 showers and a bathroom. Plan on constant hot water flow to all taps and at mains pressure.

Hi Rob, was planning on putting the finishing hot water tank upstairs and the system boiler under the stars, only access to it would be via the external vented door.
6 bedroom 2 showers and a bathroom. Plan on constant hot water flow to all taps and at mains pressure.
You know what, I think your set up is dandy. Its a nice idea to achieve access from outside . All you need now is to choose the boiler etc and a Good GSR contractor on a fixed price..there will many on UKPF
whom will advise you
regards Rob Foster aka centralheatking. oops you need to,tell us
what fuel...nat gas, lpg kerosene or solid fuel or even wood pellets

You can pretty much have it where you want As long as flu and gas run Requirements are met. No additional air should be required

There are rules and regulations to adhere to no matter where you locate the boiler, main ones are the gas supply pipework & fluing standards as Rob Foster previously mentioned a frost stat should be installed if it is located in an non heated space such as a loft or external cupboard. Without completing a survey of the intended location we cannot say what rules and regs will need to be applied such as location of flue to boundaries, openings and nuisance pluming etc...etc... You will almost certainly need a terminal guard by the sounds of it and possibly a plume kit. Your local GSR is the best person to advise this when they come out to survey and quote for you.

Understairs is not the best location for a boiler installation just think about it for a second ? your stairs are a route of escape from your property should you ever be unfortunate enough to have a fire, having a gas appliance under the stairs there is a risk of explosion this may seem extreme but it can and does happen so please consider the advice given before committing employ a GSI with a sound record and keep yourself safe. Regards Kop

Understairs is not the best location for a boiler installation just think about it for a second ? your stairs are a route of escape from your property should you ever be unfortunate enough to have a fire, having a gas appliance under the stairs there is a risk of explosion this may seem extreme but it can and does happen so please consider the advice given before committing employ a GSI with a sound record and keep yourself safe. Regards Kop
a gas appliance under the stairs ? like a gas meter with an incoming supply which is very common. next to a lecky meter.
centralheatking

I understand concerns of safety and will be working closely with building control and a qualified gas boiler installation engineer. Just casting the Idea out there. Appreciate the responses and thank you.

I understand concerns of safety and will be working closely with building control and a qualified gas boiler installation engineer. Just casting the Idea out there. Appreciate the responses and thank you.
let us know how it all works out
centralheatking

Reply to New boiler installation position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock