Search the forum,

Discuss New Boiler - Ideas and suggestions in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Good afternoon all,

Few days ago I woke up and I didn't have warm water nor heating. I did call British Gas straight away and they sent an engineer who came to have a look. The engineer managed to fix the warm water but he said it was not possible to fix the heating since he couldn't control the temperature. He suggested to get a new boiler since mine is 20 years old now, and it's not in the best conditions (also the display screen is not working which is not helpful). The one I have now is an Ideal isar HE30.

British have quoted me several boilers but they are very expensive (around 2.5k).

After doing some research online, I have found some others around 2k (Worcester Greenstar 4000 25kw for example), which they have 12 years warranty and they seem quite decent. However, I don't have a big knowledge of boilers and I would like to know if you know any site where I can get one (boiler + installation) for a reasonable price, and if there is any boiler I should avoid.

Many thanks!

depending on who you chose 2 - 2.5 K is the norm , those are reasonable prices

tbh as above the boiler comes in around 1.2-1.5k on its own if you want a cheaper have a look at main eco compacts

main eco compact 830 good boiler good price depending where you are in the county around £1000.00

Reply to New Boiler - Ideas and suggestions in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock