Search the forum,

Discuss New boiler and UV cylinder quotes in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Had three quotes for a new boiler and UV cylinder. All quotes are very similar in price (only about £200 difference between the most expensive and the cheapest). They are all accredited installers meaning we should get the maximum guarantee. So it will probably come down to which is the preferred brands:

Quote 1 = Worcester Bosch Greenstar 18i + Albion Ultrasteel Indirect 210

Quote 2 = Vaillant Ecotec Plus 615 + Joule Slimline Indirect 205

Quote 3 = Viessman 100W 19kw + Cornerstone Indirect 210

All three quotes include a power-flush prior to installation.

All three brands seem to have a good reputation and came out well on the latest Which reviews. My main requirement is reliability - having had regular break-downs with the previous boiler. Any views from the professional on which of these set-ups are likely to be most reliable?

Thanks

Never heard of the last cylinder cornerstone

Quote 3 aslong as there Viessmann approved get a longer warranty with being approved / trained

Reply to New boiler and UV cylinder quotes in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, looking for some recommendations for a slimline indirect unvented cylinder to go with a new system boiler that we're having installed soon. Only need around 120/125 ltr for our usage and could possibly make do with 100. Been looking at a few different brands including the Megaflo which...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future, but likely the PV kind rather than the thermal kind, and won't be having heat pump in the future. So the cylinder would be connected to the boiler at...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
Hello! I have a new Vaillant boiler being installed and will install a new cylinder at the same time. Our installer is recommending a UK Cylinders ProLite Air twin coil solar indirect unvented cylinder 300ltr. According to specs the standing heat loss is 1.80 kWh/24h which seems pretty decent...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch 24Ri regular boiler (open vent) which is 10 years old. It has been pretty reliable with only one fault (the fan unit gave up after 9 years) in last 10 years. It's also had one new burner, rubber seals and electrodes changed in services. I have noted that it's best to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock