Search the forum,

Discuss New Bathroom Hot Water Temperature Fluxuation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

faz54

Since my bathroom refit I have hot water temperature fluxuation(runs stone cold for about 20 seconds) in both my bathroom Mira Excel shower and my bathroom basin mixer both are new and my bathroom sits above my Vokera boiler. My ground floor hot water seems unaffected.
Thinking it was a boiler problem I had British Gas out today and the engineer changed a sensor on the boiler but the problem still persists.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you registered with British Gas for there boiler care service? If so push the matter, you are paying for a service and if there is a problem then I'd make sure they know about it.

I'm thinking that maybe the problem could be with the new plumbing and not the boiler as the downstairs hot water seems to run fine..This is not a mixer.
And yes I have BG service care.

Hi Guys
Could the basin mixer be faulty allowing the cold water to enter the hot water pipes.

I isolated the cold water to the basin mixer via the service point and all seemed good with the shower. As soon as I allowed the cold to enter the basin mixer the shower ran cold.

Does this mixer being faulty sound feasible?

The basin mixer is an Ideal Standard Cone Mono basin mixer

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds to me as though the cold water pressure is forcing itself
into the hot water supply pipes as they are at a lower pressure. Get
two single check valves and place one on the sink cold supply and the other one on the shower cold supply. This should stop the problem, ask at
your local Plumbing merchants for right tools etc, save you making a second trip!

Try a pressure reducing valve on the cold as it enters the bathroom that way you can balance the pressure

It sounds to me as though the cold water pressure is forcing itself
into the hot water supply pipes as they are at a lower pressure. Get
two single check valves and place one on the sink cold supply and the other one on the shower cold supply. This should stop the problem, ask at
your local Plumbing merchants for right tools etc, save you making a second trip!

Unfortunately I'm unable to access the shower cold supply pipe

Try a pressure reducing valve on the cold as it enters the bathroom that way you can balance the pressure

Would reducing the cold flow to the basin mixer via the existing service valve have the same effect?

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Bathroom Hot Water Temperature Fluxuation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock