Search the forum,

Discuss New bath delivered - unsure if marks are damage or "normal". in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

I've just had a bath delivered and it has marks that look a bit like gouges on the bottom.

Are these just how baths come or has it been damaged in transit?.

If it is damage is it likely to cause any problems? (Keen to get the bath in if it is ok).

There is nothing to see on the inside of the bath.

Thanks for any advice!

Pics here: Link to onedrive folder with photos

I would say it’s manufacturing damage looks like it’s on the chipboard underneath so your fine but check the bath over fully for other damage

Many thanks chaps.

I'll be keeping the bath then.

Pity the sink pedestal was delivered as a ready to build mosaic :) (new one on it way).

Last edited:
Just normal for baths to have a rough finish around the fibreglass covered chipboard

I don’t like plastic baths...they move twist and unless really well supported will leak especially if there is a shower involved. Pressed Steel for me in every holiday let and home I own Centralheatking

Reply to New bath delivered - unsure if marks are damage or "normal". in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock