Search the forum,

Discuss New bath delivered - unsure if marks are damage or "normal". in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

I've just had a bath delivered and it has marks that look a bit like gouges on the bottom.

Are these just how baths come or has it been damaged in transit?.

If it is damage is it likely to cause any problems? (Keen to get the bath in if it is ok).

There is nothing to see on the inside of the bath.

Thanks for any advice!

Pics here: Link to onedrive folder with photos

I would say it’s manufacturing damage looks like it’s on the chipboard underneath so your fine but check the bath over fully for other damage

Many thanks chaps.

I'll be keeping the bath then.

Pity the sink pedestal was delivered as a ready to build mosaic :) (new one on it way).

Last edited:
I don’t like plastic baths...they move twist and unless really well supported will leak especially if there is a shower involved. Pressed Steel for me in every holiday let and home I own Centralheatking

Reply to New bath delivered - unsure if marks are damage or "normal". in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards meaning that it pools in the corner and quickly starts leaking through gaps in the shower screen onto the floor rather than into the bath. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am hoping that you can give us some advice. We're in the UK, and have contracted a company to completely refit the first floor bathroom. The first fix was completed a few days ago. We haven't moved in yet. When we returned to the property just now, the kitchen ceiling had caved...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am hoping someone can give me some advice. We have had two leaks at home in the last 2 weeks; luckily we were in for both events and managed to get the water turned off pretty quickly so it is not a massive catastrophe. Both times, a fitting popped off a pipe about 15 minutes after...
Replies
Views
Very short version. Im a sole trader of only 10 months, but an experieced Plumber of 30 years. Installed a bathroom for a customer, they wanted me to source everything for them and have it delivered directly to them, which l did, once everything had been received by the customer, they then paid...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock