Search the forum,

Discuss New Ad Slot for Regular Members in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
1569845215049.png

There's a new advert showing for members who have 150+ posts. This is obviously for regular members only. And those members will not see any Google ads.

We clearly need to be supported. Else we risk going offline. Our bills aren't cheap anymore.

I've setup a forum sponsor advice area, and are advising them with regards to sorting out members some discounts and helping them become community members and not just sponsors/advertisers. It's taking some time to get them all on board with that, and help them find a member of staff to have the role of logging in and being here for us etc. I'll keep cracking on with that.

But the flip side to that is you guys; you need to make sure you're mentioning the forum when dealing with them. Even if you have once, twice etc before. Because not all their staff may be aware of where you originally came from if you use them all the time etc.

I think I'm getting there with regards to the ads. This is something I'm rolling out on all our forums. And the feedback so far has been quite positive. :)

I think you guys as businessmen understand that there needs to be a commercial side of the forum for it to exist beyond being a hobby website. If we're to host directories and videos and helpful things for gas engineers and plumbers, we need some funding for that. And this is where that comes from.

Massive thanks to the sponsors for having our backs.

And massive thanks to members for supporting the forum by buying from sponsors.

:)

I think it looks nice and about right and nothing too pop uppy/ flashy

The second I noticed that I clocked another Google ad!!! - They seem to be appearing wherever they want to and not listening to the code I've restricted them with. Cheeky sods. I seem to have got Google to listen on the other forums. Somewhere I've done something different on this one and it keeps coming back when I'm not looking lol

Those will disappear when I've got a grip on it though. At least for members with 150+ posts. Those members are community-members then. They're not the type to click on an ad. They want in-content offers and discounts and information to read and scan through whilst on the forum. Which is understandable.

There are also other big outfits which get mentioned but might wish to sponsor
eg BES. Ignite Heat Spares. You could try Geoff at Mc Alpine ..I will get his surname out if you like. Flowflex might jump too..names if you wish. centralheatking

I appreciate the heads up mate. But I haven't ever contacted a firm to sponsor us, they contact us. I don't like selling the forum like that.

I'm just giving the heads up on the new spot before people start posting and asking about it. :)

Quite a big difference from just a sidebar spot. Which on a mobile, ends up under the content, so not as many people are clocking them directly with just that spot. So testing this new spot out see what sort of clicks we get in comparison. :)

I appreciate the heads up mate. But I haven't ever contacted a firm to sponsor us, they contact us. I don't like selling the forum like that.

I'm just giving the heads up on the new spot before people start posting and asking about it. :)

Quite a big difference from just a sidebar spot. Which on a mobile, ends up under the content, so not as many people are clocking them directly with just that spot. So testing this new spot out see what sort of clicks we get in comparison. :)
Ok I get that Dan. There some meetings coming up where I could mention UKPF and how it us growing. If you want to PM a global price for a year then I will just pass it on oh and a direct email for them to contact you direct. These are not mickey mouse outfits and would be from my point of view a genuine assist to them rather than a 'sale' as you know I fully support what you are doing. centralheatking

Ok I get that Dan. There some meetings coming up where I could mention UKPF and how it us growing. If you want to PM a global price for a year then I will just pass it on oh and a direct email for them to contact you direct. These are not mickey mouse outfits and would be from my point of view a genuine assist to them rather than a 'sale' as you know I fully support what you are doing. centralheatking
Hell no.

I appreciate the offer mate. But like I said, I'd rather a company find us naturally. Trying to explain to a company that doesn't have a social media presence already what a forum is, is like talking to a plank of wood.

They're catching up with the times. Thankfully.

But they're not quite there yet.

We have lots of deals on the table, some being negotiated, some we're coming back to, some have agreed and we're waiting on banners etc.

We're doing just fine mate.

The last thing I want is a normal member on the forum trying to 'sell' the sponsorship on behalf of the forum and A) them then think I owe them one or B) they sell it based on false pretences.

I wouldn't even want you to send me any leads mate. I don't work like that.

If I feel I can find a mutual ground for sponsorship, and it's win:win (for the members and the company) I take it on.

CorgiDirect spent around 3 years trying to get on here. And while we had limited sponsors, and perhaps needed the cash, it wasn't quite the time to push a Corgi name before it had been established as it's own entity IMO. So it didn't go ahead.

Thankfully they understood and it didn't burn a bridge when we came back to it.

I'm good at my job mate. I appreciate the offer. But I don't want you mention the forum to anybody other than from a point of view of being a member, and perhaps asking a fellow industry person to be a member too. :)

We have a new press-release area for companies to push news out to the forum, and that's free for them. And we have a new 'Company Support' account that's free too. I'm still working on that though and will announce it when I'm ready and feel the forum is ready.

Appreciate the effort and whatnot. But please just leave me to it. Be a good forum member and help out for sure. But don't tread on my toes sponsorship-wise.

Hell no.

I appreciate the offer mate. But like I said, I'd rather a company find us naturally. Trying to explain to a company that doesn't have a social media presence already what a forum is, is like talking to a plank of wood.

They're catching up with the times. Thankfully.

But they're not quite there yet.

We have lots of deals on the table, some being negotiated, some we're coming back to, some have agreed and we're waiting on banners etc.

We're doing just fine mate.

The last thing I want is a normal member on the forum trying to 'sell' the sponsorship on behalf of the forum and A) them then think I owe them one or B) they sell it based on false pretences.

I wouldn't even want you to send me any leads mate. I don't work like that.

If I feel I can find a mutual ground for sponsorship, and it's win:win (for the members and the company) I take it on.

CorgiDirect spent around 3 years trying to get on here. And while we had limited sponsors, and perhaps needed the cash, it wasn't quite the time to push a Corgi name before it had been established as it's own entity IMO. So it didn't go ahead.

Thankfully they understood and it didn't burn a bridge when we came back to it.

I'm good at my job mate. I appreciate the offer. But I don't want you mention the forum to anybody other than from a point of view of being a member, and perhaps asking a fellow industry person to be a member too. :)

We have a new press-release area for companies to push news out to the forum, and that's free for them. And we have a new 'Company Support' account that's free too. I'm still working on that though and will announce it when I'm ready and feel the forum is ready.

Appreciate the effort and whatnot. But please just leave me to it. Be a good forum member and help out for sure. But don't tread on my toes sponsorship-wise.
Dan thats fine you run your business just like myself I respect that, you can see the bigger picture in your area I run my business very carefully aswell. Its a control thing and has to be that way I agree. regards Rob Foster ...centralheatking

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the word control to be honest. I'm quite a relaxed person open to ideas etc.

I just don't want forum members from all angles contacting companies from all angles. When they don't know what it is sponsors gain from the forum. That's all.

Thanks though. Nice that you're thinking about the forum matey. :)

I don't like the word control to be honest. I'm quite a relaxed person open to ideas etc.

I just don't want forum members from all angles contacting companies from all angles. When they don't know what it is sponsors gain from the forum. That's all.

Thanks though. Nice that you're thinking about the forum matey. :)
All fine with me Dan...We will have Lunch ...ok ?

Reply to New Ad Slot for Regular Members in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock