Search the forum,

Discuss Netaheat switches off and back on again in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Any advice as to what is causing this.
Maybe relevant?
We had a power cut about 5 days ago - I don't think the heating was on at the time but the power cut caused the timer to be reset.
It was the weirdest power cut I have ever experienced... the lights dimmed like some horror film.. but the desktop computer stayed on... eventually the power went off and there was a fault at the local substation - fixed the next day. Having reset the boiler time - - not sure if the next day or after 2 days... the boiler started and then suddenly stopped.. and then tried to start again... started and all worked okay for a few minutes... then off again... it did this for about 5 minutes.

Next 2-3 days all working fine and as per normal.

Today again - it went off and back on again for a few minutes...

It is not 'clicking' and trying to fire - when it clicks/sparks it ignites... and all seems to be okay.

A couple of questions -
1. Could switching it off and 'resetting' it make any difference?
2. Could an airlock in a radiator cause this type of fault?
Anything else?

ps - I know it is old but it generally works fine.

If the boiler was running when you had your power issue. It may have caused issues with a relay on the board. Listen to it when it tries to fire. Buzzing or something similar. The boards are still available if you need one. But you will need a gas safe engineer to fit it.

Reply to Netaheat switches off and back on again in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Vokera 15 vhe boiler and all has been running well for the last 6 months since moving in up until a few weeks a go. Boiler throws up a flashing 79 code. Try restarting the boiler straight away but I have to wait 10 minutes for it to cool down before it works. I reset the boiler...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has developed a 'fault' recently. When I switch the heating on, the fire in boiler starts for a second or two and then goes off. After another few seconds it starts again and then stays on. This happens around 8 out of 10 times. I had engineer having a...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring the boiler, the demand light works fine. When the water gets up to temperature every 10 seconds or so, the boiler stops for a fraction of a second...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B, heating mode off, DHW on or also in standby, Boiler shows no fault LED on, no new fault logged, room thermostat deactivated. Boiler gets odd attacks of suddenly turning on the fan 100%, then (gas valve and ignition are clicking?) potentially tries to...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock