Search the forum,

Discuss Nest Thermostat to Control System Boiler with 2 Zone CH & 1 Zone HW in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi troopps, I'm looking to install a nest thermostat to control a 2 zoned central heating system and hot water (3 MV).

From what a gather you can buy the nest 3rd Generation which does HW and CH. I'd like a another thermostat that controls the CH Zone upstairs. Struggling to find a separate thermostat for upstairs.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Ryan

Do you want a nest upstairs? You could add another heatlink and thermostat.
Yes, another nest thermostat upstairs that controls the upstairs zone. Central Heating System is separated into downstairs zone 1 and Upstairs zone 2.

Would all this work on the one app so the customer can control remotely if required?

Would the additional thermostat be the the nest e?

Thanks Ryan

Both thermostats will show in one app. I use 3rd gen for both u/s and d/s, for uniformity.

Would you buy 1 nest 3rd Gen (hw & CH) & additional thermostat or buy 2 of the same unit (the unit that does HW & CH) I can't find a single Google nest thermostat that can do upstairs on its own? Other than the nest e

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks
Thanks

I have a nest set up you need 2 nest thermostats
Yes, another nest thermostat upstairs that controls the upstairs zone. Central Heating System is separated into downstairs zone 1 and Upstairs zone 2.

Would all this work on the one app so the customer can control remotely if required?

Would the additional thermostat be the the nest e?

Thanks Ryan
You will need another heat link and stat 2 types are available one just does heating the other heating and hotwater , each will need to be paired to the wifi i suspect you will need to download the app twice and pair each link separately, and to answer your question yes you can control it remotely, the most important thing is having a electrician who has knowledge of this type of control many struggle when relays are needed to allow two forms of control opertate individually and fire the heat soure when called for . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201008-055124.png
    Screenshot_20201008-055124.png
    204.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20201008-055143.png
    Screenshot_20201008-055143.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 6
I bought 2 of the same unit - like I said, it was more for aesthetics. The HW function is not used on the second thermostat.
Thanks mate. That's what I've done.
[automerge]1602137492[/automerge]
I have a nest set up you need 2 nest thermostats

You will need another heat link and stat 2 types are available one just does heating the other heating and hotwater , each will need to be paired to the wifi i suspect you will need to download the app twice and pair each link separately, and to answer your question yes you can control it remotely, the most important thing is having a electrician who has knowledge of this type of control many struggle when relays are needed to allow two forms of control opertate individually and fire the heat soure when called for . Kop
Thanks mate

Reply to Nest Thermostat to Control System Boiler with 2 Zone CH & 1 Zone HW in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock