Search the forum,

Discuss nest thermostat faulty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasmk1

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
i fitted a 3rd gen nest about 4 weeks ago all ok then week later custome rhas fault heating wont turn off went through all checks and found heat link was faulty giving 240 permanent to heating got new heatlink now 2 weeks later customer says doing same, am i just unlucky or has anyone else had same fault.

no one had any problems or know of any cant find anything on internet

I had a couple of these to sort out last week, one was wired wrong the other was a user controls problem. He simply just didn't understand how to use it.
The auto schedule had just taken over and was heating at various times. This confused him even more.
The office had forward the problem to me as heating on constantly. It wasn't, customers can exaggerate things.

Not had any problems yet, but to be honest I have not fitted a 3rd gen yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to nest thermostat faulty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
Morning Ladies and Gents, I'm after a bit of guidance regarding the Nest thermostat 3rd Generation please... My heating system is a Glow worm 18hx system boiler. I have a hot water cylinder pump, only radiators all round, mid position valve, Y plan wiring centre. So my issue... my old...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock