Search the forum,

Discuss Nest Termostat advice and Ideal ICOS HE15 Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NormalHomeUser

How easy is it to fit a Nest Thermostat to a Ideal HE15 boiler. I am fairly savvy and do most DIY. I've been quoted £120 to fit this, but I think this is excessive. I want to ideally fit it msyelf so that I can also take it out when we move.

It's the heat link that I am looking for advice on and how easy it is to fit on to the boiler - ideally then just use the wiring to the current wired thermostat

It's not just the labour you are paying for it's the knowledge aswel. The person that has quoted you has paid a lot of time and money on training to provide his service so £120 is not all that bad.

Not only that but he has to take the case off the boiler.

It's illegal for you to remove it.

Job 38.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nest Termostat advice and Ideal ICOS HE15 Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have just bought a google nest 3rd gen thermostat to be connected opentherm. I currently have the baxi ifos rather comp fitted. I was told that it was either one or the other, but baxi technical dept have said I can wire an opentherm controller alongside the ifos system. Boiler is...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and realised that there is no room external thermostat wired to the Ideal Combi boiler. There is only mechanical timer on it. I saw some videos on Internet that mechanical timer can be replaced with electrical one but i am not sure if it is compatible with...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock