Search the forum,

Discuss Nerrad tap wrench kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

nope havent met a tap i cant sort with the jawdropper and the old school wrench

PB plumber you posted up Shaun has all the new toys but I suspect he's getting freebies for advertising them.

Yep he got it for free as he did a vid straight away

I've got the 15 & 22 pipe slices and the stubby wide jaw spanner they're well made bits of kit - although when I looked in their catalogue different products are made to different standards.

Except they keep eating blades :D mine go through a set in a month or two other than that there not bad

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079NJQ...&ascsubtag=c413d2868dc3d2eb0753ed8c827681e6_S

I want this kit but will feel robbed at £167.00

I do a lot of taps but I have the jaw droppers and monoblock spanners..
I don't own any Nerrad tools, are the worth the money?

Nerrad tools seem to evoke a 'Marmite' response from what I've seen. THey were very popular fro a while but then backed off marketing so have fallen away somewhat.

Personally, I have only ever stuck with tools from toolmakers such as Bahco etc. I do not go for even the likes of Rothenburger anymore as just like the likes of Stanley, they are just too poorly made, too slack, too much tolerance which, on a tight tap nut, is pretty darned important when you're using them as your main source of income generation.

I agree with Shaun here. There's one other thing. If you are changing taps often cos there is a problem getting spares, maybe look at improving that situation. That way the pain in the bum problem of having to 'change em' goes away.

My lips are as tight as our WRAS approval :cool::cool::cool: :D:D:D unlike 70%+ of the taps sold in the UK & 99.973% of cartridges.

Hey I thought I was being perfectly fair!
It's not my place, neither, to be honest, is it right to outright promote. That's for you 'clever' lot - hint hint. :rolleyes:

Actually scrap that as even though I was one of the first people to see it at a trade show I still didn’t get a free kit:p:p:p:p

Aww come on you horrible lot. I was genuinely trying to help. :(

Let's face it we've all struggled for years doing the bl00dy things but thanks to, and I quote, "A bl00dy good bit of kit" it's now a doddle...

Oh, on a course yesterday in sunny Gloucester training Dyno Plumbing lads, someone made a perfect new 3/4" cartridge in 4 minutes 56 seconds smashing the previous record of 12 mins 7 seconds... ;)

Actually scrap that as even though I was one of the first people to see it at a trade show I still didn’t get a free kit:p:p:p:p

But seeing it changed your life - NOT... :cool:

Actually a good point. If, genuinely, anyone is interested in a kit then I'll do you horrible lot £25 off. If you're interested let me know & I'll give you a code.o_Oo_Oo_O

But seeing it changed your life - NOT... :cool:

Actually a good point. If, genuinely, anyone is interested in a kit then I'll do you horrible lot £25 off. If you're interested let me know & I'll give you a code.o_Oo_Oo_O
How much is it? Also, I think it is ok to promote as long as it is not you doing it.;););)

What’s in the kit?

Best oook online tapmedic or

IMG_3917.JPG

store
What’s in the kit?
Number at start is what's in, number after is capacity.

1 x Aluminium case – lockable
1 x Protection mat (1)
2 x HD polypropylene foam liners (2)
1 x Separate component box (1)
1 x TM® cutting jig (1)
2 x TM® Allen keys (4)
8 x ½” cartridge bodies (18)
4 x 3/4" cartridge bodies (12)
12 x Shroud adapters (50)
14 x Shroud adapter clips (50)
12 x Short flanged head handle screws (50)
6 x Long flanged head handle screws (50)
4 x Short grub screws (spares) (50)
4 x Long grub screws (spares) (50)
8 x ½” body extensions (18)
8 x ½” grey end seals (24)
8 x ½” black end seals (24)
4 x ¾” body extensions (15)
4 x ¾” grey end seals (15)
4 x ¾” black end seals (15)
8 x 18 splines 7.6mm dia 35mm long spindles (20)
2 x 18 splines 7.6mm dia 55mm long spindles (5)
2 x 18 splines 7.6mm dia 75mm long spindles (5)
10 x 20 splines 7.6mm dia 35mm long spindles (20)
2 x 20 splines 7.6mm dia 55mm long spindles (5)
2 x 20 splines 7.6mm dia 75mm long spindles (5)
8 x 24 splines 7.6mm dia 35mm long spindles (20)
2 x 24 splines 7.6mm dia 55mm long spindles (5)
2 x 24 splines 7.6mm dia 75mm long spindles (5)
8 x 28 splines 7.7mm dia 35mm long spindles (5)
2 x 28 splines 7.7mm dia 55mm long spindles (5)
2 x 28 splines 7.7mm dia 75mm long spindles (5)
20 x 3mm handle sleeves (160)
10 x 4mm handle sleeves (128)
10 x 5mm handle sleeves (96)
10 x 10mm handle sleeves (48)
2 x 12omm handle sleeves (4)

You can specify a STD kit in any from 12 x 1/2" & 0 x 3/4" to 0 x 1/2" & 12 x 3/4". Same price.

Oh they also do shower valves too :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
How the hell did you get one? Not having you paid retail for that bad boy:p:p:p

Ordered from the website I do a lot of disabled Stuff eg changing to lever taps and repairing

And I did no special discounts

He did
How the hell did you get one? Not having you paid retail for that bad boy:p:p:p

He did indeed. Moreover, he ordered many more components than standard. Fact is, it genuinely works out really profitably as often you are replicating a £50 cartridge for £9.50!

In short it works out around £15 for the 1/2 and £20 for the 3/4 each fully

Really? We designed it to be £15 per valve in a kit. :confused::confused::confused:

1/2 one is around 8 a valve plus about 3-5 for the extras

3/4 one is around 10 a valve plus about 3-5 for the extras

Is the adhesive any good?

Oh gosh I'd forgotten about that! Hell we changed from that ages ago to a more robust, faster, safer and more reliable method. Its all now, genuinely, a piece of cake - hence the record time. When you saw it we had to wait 10 minutes for the adhesive to go off!!!

We did 140 odd demos whilst we were at Installer. 1, just 1 out of all of those people mentioned it being 'faffy' and it struck a chord with me. So 6 weeks later I'd redesigned it to what it is now and even I am happy with it :eek::eek::eek:

Reply to Nerrad tap wrench kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock