Search the forum,

Discuss Nerrad tap wrench kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

No wonder I want all the attachments i can get but nothing short of Mr Tickle can get to that sucker and even if i could, the hole is knackered.

Bath looks broken top left of the hole by the bottle

Yes , I've just told the landlady it will have to be a new showerbath but I couldn't do it till next year.

Now she asks if the tap can be moved to other side!

Last edited:
Yes , I've just told the landlady it will have to be a new showerbath but I couldn't do it till next year.

Now she asks if the tap can be moved to other side!

Hmm. Thing is, you'll not seal that properly and three months of water leaking could destroy flooring etc.

You'll have to judge her and the situation VERY carefully AND need to write something up & get her to sign to move responsibility very clearly back to her for ALL consequences. Not easy :(

Hmm. Thing is, you'll not seal that properly and three months of water leaking could destroy flooring etc.

You'll have to judge her and the situation VERY carefully AND need to write something up & get her to sign to move responsibility very clearly back to her for ALL consequences. Not easy :(
Yes, this job came in from a new customer last night, an easy tap swap apparently which set alarm bells ringing so I asked for pictures from the tennant.

Get her to sign a disclaimer about moving the tap hole and that she is having a new bath at some point. Could you not glue/silicone a flat piece of PVC over the hole on a temp basis? Not ideal I know but should work until you can put a new bath in for her?

4 down :)

IMG_3919.JPG

IMG_3920.JPG

Most tools are mass produced in Chinese factories, and quality is determined by the production run that they are made on at that time. Support a good British tool manufacturer like Monument, not overpriced hyped up tat made in a Chinese factory.

Please excuse me but may I ask how much product you have made in China as you seem so intimate with it?

Please excuse me but may I ask how much product you have made in China as you seem so intimate with it?
The clue is in the Made in China sticker on the packaging.
Just about everything is made in China these days, from my fly fishing kit to the tools I use and most of the products in your home.
The reason why I know is that I get sent info from the manufacturers when new products are being made, so you're excused pal.

Just about everything is made in China these days, from my fly fishing kit to the tools I use and most of the products in your home.
The reason why I know is that I get sent info from the manufacturers when new products are being made, so you're excused pal.

Ahh. A resident Chinese manufacturing expert. Welcome.

My experience, as a manufacturer, is that Chinese quality can far exceed that I've seen in the west. Admittedly I have no idea what I am talking about, but what I have seen - obviously only there a couple of months ago so may have changed - it that Western business is only interested in the cost not the quality.

From my conversations with both Chinese & Western manufacturers, the Chinese are more than happy & capable of producing 100% perfect goods but of course they need to charge a reasonable price. Western organisations unfortunately do not value their customers so they buy cheap and get the quality the Chinese (or anyone else for that matter) can produce for the money they are paid.

Thank you for your valuable insight.

Ahh. A resident Chinese manufacturing expert. Welcome.

My experience, as a manufacturer, is that Chinese quality can far exceed that I've seen in the west. Admittedly I have no idea what I am talking about, but what I have seen - obviously only there a couple of months ago so may have changed - it that Western business is only interested in the cost not the quality.

From my conversations with both Chinese & Western manufacturers, the Chinese are more than happy & capable of producing 100% perfect goods but of course they need to charge a reasonable price. Western organisations unfortunately do not value their customers so they buy cheap and get the quality the Chinese (or anyone else for that matter) can produce for the money they are paid.

Thank you for your valuable insight.
I think a good old fashioned mud wrestle would sort this out?

Reply to Nerrad tap wrench kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock