Search the forum,

Discuss Nerad Tools Ratchet Pipe Cutter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Deleted member 96286

Esteemed
Plumber
Well, I spent 34 quid on this and awaited in excited anticipation for the Amazon package to arrive through my door.

It's pure pants and a waste of 34 quid.

This is made of cheap composite plastic and already after 2 days use it's separating at it's plastic seam. The cutter only works in ratchet if you tighten it up really hard, and then doing so flattens the pipe. For a high end tool, it's disappointing.

There ok but they wear out fast and deform the pipe

I've sent it back and bought an American one that ratchets in 5 degree increments. The Nerrad had to be tightened really hard on the pipe or after two revolutions it went slack on the pipe and the cutter had to be turned round by my fingers to engage the locking rod. Every few turns, it had to be tightened this way on the pipe, so not exactly a auto cutter. Tightening it so hard in the first place to make it work, flattened and deformed one side of the pipe, so those amongst us using pushfit could have a blow off. This is an example of yet another top brand outsourcing their manufacturing to Chinese factories to save money. Pity they don't think of passing on these savings to their customers. Almost everything is the same these days, even the flyfishing kit I buy, it's all made cheaply in China and Korea but still sold at a premium. One British tool supplier I highly rate is Monument. Their gear is good stuff and made in the UK.

Reply to Nerad Tools Ratchet Pipe Cutter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock