Search the forum,

Discuss Neighbours flat activates my boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My neighbour upstairs, when their boiler turns on in the morning and evening my boiler makes a firing up noise for continues for about an hour.

Any suggestions?

Ps. My water pressure is also affected when they turn on their water.

If your on a shared water supply then a check valve on the incoming cold supply should help . cheers kop

Would that include a valve in my neighboring flat? I don't seem to have a stopcock in my flat.
How is my boiler affected?

What does the boiler display show while this is happening?

They definitely have their own boiler, as I am aware.
I can hear them in the bathroom and that's when my boiler starts to make a sound like it's on - but it's not - the display reads zero.
I also experience this when they turn on their heating at 5.30am. Despite my boiler being off it starts to make the usual humming sound like it would if it were operating. I also hear it trying to push water around my central heating pipes.

They definitely have their own boiler, as I am aware.
I can hear them in the bathroom and that's when my boiler starts to make a sound like it's on - but it's not - the display reads zero.
I also experience this when they turn on their heating at 5.30am. Despite my boiler being off it starts to make the usual humming sound like it would if it were operating. I also hear it trying to push water around my central heating pipes.
Do your CH pipes get hot? If so you might be getting some free heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Neighbours flat activates my boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock