Search the forum,

Discuss need to remove walk in shower/wet room with a bathtub in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katlou2013

hi does anyone know how much it would cost to remove a walk in shower/wet room and replace it with a bathtub, i need this done asap as iv got 4 young kids who hate showers. i also have no clue on where too start. thanks.

dont double up on your posts for a start and youll get advice on the first post

In which area of the United Kingdom does one reside?

youve already asked this on another post and received answers on it

Hard to say about costs without more details.
But if money is primary concern, you could always look at removing shower screen or screens and fitting a bath ontop of the wetroom floor?
This is purely based on limited details given.

I don't think anyone could give a realist price online without seeing it and discussing what work exactly you want. Bathroom refurbs can be any price!

Most give free quotations so call 3 local installers for quotes
- might be some plumbers on here near Scarborouh - not sure.

BUT
Will your kids grow into showers? My 3 have and mostly love showers and love playing in there - thank goodness we aren't on a water meter!

You might want to consider a shower bath?

But as said, nobody can give you a price online, it needs to be viewed for position of drains, hot and cold locations etc etc etc.

Whatever you do get yourself 3 estimates and listen to what they tell you. Ask to look at other works and to speak to other customers that they have worked for. A decent tradesman will have no issue giving you references for past work. It's not at all about price.

thanks everyone. il try what you have said, the cost isnt an issue here just needed for an easier life without screaming kids lol.

5 grand, i forgot to laugh, iv been quoted at 600 Quid, is this about right. Dnt want to be scammed or might just call in rogue traders pmsl ;)

The water goes traight to outside drainage, so would it be easier just putting à bath on the top of the plastic floor of the shower ? Plumbing in should be straightforward than shouldnt it if drainage goes straight outside ?

Last edited by a moderator:
5 grand, i forgot to laugh, iv been quoted at 600 Quid, is this about right. Dnt want to be scammed or might just call in rogue traders pmsl ;)

Is that quote to supply and fit?

considering i already have the bath and just need it to be fitted with the right pipes than i would say 5000 is a bit steep,

oh god i hope he never said £6000, is it really guna cost that much ? i said money wasnt an issue but 5000 is a bit too much if u ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
dont av a clue, im not good at sorting stuff like this, not my area of choice. i hope it wasnt £6000 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to need to remove walk in shower/wet room with a bathtub in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock