Search the forum,

Discuss Need some advice on gaining my nvq or c & g certificates in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alyn2511

Hey guys,
I have been in the trade for 13 yrs but started as a pipefitter's mate and didn't go to college. I want to do my acs and become gas safe, is there a way i can get my certificates without doing these courses and have some guy telling me how to suck egg's. I've heard i may be able to get them through something called "grandad's rights" but i cant find any advice.
Also do i need my nvq 1,2 and 3 to start my acs gas course??

Please help guys.

if youve been a pipe fitter there will be alot to learn for your acs

you need 240days evidence of working on gas or your NVQ2 minimum plus 140 days evidence

there is no nvq1

you can get it through 'work experience' asfuzzy says - without any quals at all . . .

Having said that I have many problems in the past with installer putting boilers in without any underpinning plumbing knowlage (like british gas for example!) - you are asking for trouble really.

WHat will you do when you put a boiler in, and the shower isn't working afterwards - you wont have the real understanding of water supply to reccommend boilers/water systems on jobs . . .

Give it some thought!

So where do i send my evidence for my hrs of gas work and do i need some kind of paperwork from acs or somewhere else

the assessing centre will ask for it before you start your training, they should give you the paperwork

Hey guys thought i would just update you. I have a grant to do my full gas courses now and will be starting them on the 14th feb where i will do the starter gas course to gain my nvq 3 equivilant, get placed for gas gas work evidence and then go on to do my acs.

Thanks again for your advice guys

I would imagine it is the Gas Foundation course which allows you access to sit the ACS after 30 weeks underpinning knowledge and a minimum number of hours on-site experience.

its a bgu doing it in the british gas business centre (formally connaught academ), the bgu is equivilant to nvq3, then u do the 40 - 50 jobs on every section of gas u want to do as eveidence and once passed you can do the acs course

its a bgu doing it in the british gas business centre (formally connaught academ), the bgu is equivilant to nvq3, then u do the 40 - 50 jobs on every section of gas u want to do as eveidence and once passed you can do the acs course

whats a bgu? it doesnt matter wheres its run it is not the equivilent to a NVQ3? It is not mapped across the same standards. Its a good course dont get me wrong, and may be the ideal one for you but saying its an equivilent to an NVQ3 i feel is misleading and sounds like salesman speak.

why would i be a salesman when i am just saying thx for ur advice and that i had found funding and the course i needed to become gas safe registered?? the nvq3 equivilent was just the jargen they used to get the people who r funding me to allow it as in the past they have had people who have no experience going for the grants with no chance of passing the course and therefore failing and wasting money others could have used.

SO NO I AM NO SALESMAN JUST A PLUMBER!!

why would i be a salesman when i am just saying thx for ur advice and that i had found funding and the course i needed to become gas safe registered?? the nvq3 equivilent was just the jargen they used to get the people who r funding me to allow it as in the past they have had people who have no experience going for the grants with no chance of passing the course and therefore failing and wasting money others could have used.

SO NO I AM NO SALESMAN JUST A PLUMBER!!

didnt suggest you were a salesman? said it was saleman speak and you admit it was, the 'jargon' used to get a grant

Well you have to give some kind of bull**** to gets these grants don't ya! Only got it because i was made redundant i get more help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need some advice on gaining my nvq or c & g certificates in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock