Search the forum,

Discuss Need input with drainage system lay out. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I am dealing with a boss that has no mechanical background and a coworker that considers himself to a mechanical God which is leading me to have some concerns about a piping system that they have installed. It consists of some fluid tanks that have overflow drainage leading to a pipe that runs along the floor which finally comes to a vertical rise of about 6 inches, then proceeds to drain to a pit in the floor. I suspect that there will be an issue at the 6 inch vertical lift due to the fact that there is no head pressure in the system. I have a hunch that the overflows will start to back up and not flow freely because of this vertical lift in the pipe which will be detrimental to the proper fluid exchange needed with respect to these tanks. I believe there will be a serious back up or serious flow restriction unless we somehow remove the 6 inch lift or install a booster pump. All input is welcome!!!

Sounds like a good nutty problem. I am interested and have designed stuff like this.
So more detail required. What’s the liquid, are we on the farm ?
What pipe diameters , questions are endless . Do us a piccy or diagram does not have to be professional ...some scale might help. Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Reply to Need input with drainage system lay out. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small 3rd floor flat, I have a radiator in the front room and one in the hall (very close to each other), there is a drainage valve on one of these. My back...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I would say my overall knowledge is not great as I did most of the 4 years working on rinse and repeat estates of houses. I was also quite young and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I'm a homeowner, not a DIYer. I have an almost 1 year old SaniCompact Comfort wall-hung toilet which has worked flawlessly until about a month ago. The last couple of times it was used, it made a loud noise and acted like it didn't want to flush. I guessed that it might be time to...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock