Search the forum,

Discuss Need help with unidentified part of toilet tank in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Any idea where this piece that i'm holding goes? And will it help to stop the issue i'm having of water leaking from the tank into the bowl?

Attachments

• IMG_20200518_235329.jpg
    IMG_20200518_235329.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 19
Am I correct in thinking that you`ve recently had somebody in to fix this, paid them but still have the same problem. If so then I`ll say it was replaced with the smaller and different valve in the top right of the photo so you can throw it away.

1) Looks like old valve bit: chuck it. 2) How quickly does the water leak? The square bit acts as an overflow so might be a case of just adjusting the float on the new valve to lower the water level. I always find flap valves let a little dribble past but nothing to worry about.

Reply to Need help with unidentified part of toilet tank in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have emptied the water tank in the loft and also closed the main stopcock. still the leak is on - hoping it will eventually stop. I have not idea how the...
Replies
Views
Hello, My tenant toilet has just started to fill up really slow, he has said it takes 20mins to fill the tank, what could be the issue? He provided a short video that I have attached. Would be good to know what to look for, or what parts to take when going to take a look. Thank you good...
Replies
Views
Hi! Totally inexperienced DIY newbie so bear with me for descriptions! Pictures hopefully help. I’m trying to remove an unused downstairs toilet in our new house. It’s eventually going to be moved to the other side of the house. The seal around the back of the toilet had failed so I switched...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years old now and was amazing when it was first installed. Around a year ago we had a problem with water dripping from the overflow pipe outside and we ended...
Replies
Views
Z
I'm trying to remove the zone valve ion vented tank and the tank started leaking around the joint. I was hoping to just run the tank with immersion till I can get an unvented. Any tips to stop leaks or do you think I need to buy temporary tank. Any help appreciated as I'm without hot water now.
Replies
Views
zacwithleak
Z
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock