Search the forum,

Discuss Need help with some of my gas engineer course questions? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I am currently studying to pas as a gas engineer and I have come stuck on some of The modules and can’t seem to find the answers anywhere.
Q1. A gas meter can be installed without a mounting bracket or support shelf, only when
A1. The supporting pipework either side Is constructed of rigid stainless steel which runs at least 600mm either side and is clipped/supported
A2. It is installed in an area unlikely to be disturbed
A3. It has been installed and signed off by the gas supplier

Hope someone can help. Thanks

Where are you training? That question is from a very old sylabus.
Training with a company I Scotland, for now I am only doing some theory before I go on to do proper assessments and portfolio. I am struggling to find the answer anywhere for this question

The answer used to be A, but guidance on current regulations state that the meter must either be mounted on a supporting bracket or standing on the floor on plastic feet.

The answer used to be A, but guidance on current regulations state that the meter must either be mounted on a supporting bracket or standing on the floor on plastic feet.
Thanks for the help. Some of the modules are a bit dated and the supporting documents to each exam can be from 20 years ago. This part of the course is only to give me a head start with understanding why things need to be done when I go on site. I appreciate the help. ill be sure to return if I hit anymore roadblocks.

Thanks for the help. Some of the modules are a bit dated and the supporting documents to each exam can be from 20 years ago. This part of the course is only to give me a head start with understanding why things need to be done when I go on site. I appreciate the help. ill be sure to return if I hit anymore roadblocks.
You need upto date content trust me if you load yourself with old stuff you will 100% fail so much has changed in 20 years the industry is so tight now you will fall !

Answer a3 if I remember if there’s no bracket It has to have a rigid copper pipe at least 600mm but a1 state ss so I’d say a3 unless Scotland regs are different to uk

Reply to Need help with some of my gas engineer course questions? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock