Search the forum,

Discuss Need help with radiator valve extension. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I have bought: "Westminster Cross-Head Manual Traditional Radiator Valves " and my plumber did install sometime ago.. While i was waiting for the radiator.
So after some time finally i got it! And guess what? Fitting was king off.

So anyway i bought those bad boys radiator valves at UK since i dont live there, i have no option to find right extension and TBH I have no idea what to look for as i tried all local extensions and they dont fit.

Anyway here is the pic of my install and my question is; what kind of extension i need to extend those valves from the wall? As i understand those are "tap valves"?

Valve i bought: Westminster Cross-Head Manual Traditional Radiator Valves | eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Westminster-Cross-Head-Manual-Traditional-Radiator-Valves/163580460609

Thanks

Attachments

• valve.jpg
    valve.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 23
Dig out a section of wall, take valve off, extend pipe into correct position and fit valve. Voila, easy peasy.

They wont do the job as it is out in two planes, not just one.
Well i need something like this:

250fa8f2bf13bb367c13768de350e4c2.png

I need just extension.. One side screws inside wall head, other direct to valve..
[automerge]1582635452[/automerge]
The extension you’ve picked only works if your valve are too far apart.

Your valves are too close together.

As @SimonG says you need to dig the pipe out and make the gap bigger.

Oh you that red part is ok, it just look in picture to close, in real that is fine.

Main problem is that valve pipe is to short form the wall and i need to extend it without digging the wall.

And I still dont understand why i cant do this? With some extension pipe...

dd48823c876c00a49b72705f197af8a4.png

Last edited:
That why i am asking, what kind of extension i need fit here to extend. Can someone point me the link?

You need to move the valve in the two directions shown by the red arrows.

You'll not find an off the shelf part for this.

Best option is to dip the pipe out of the wall as @SimonG has said

You might want to think about rotating the valve so the handle is pointing up, if you just extend that out from the wall you'll be tripping over it as you walk past.

Attachments

• valve.jpg
    valve.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Thanks for proper reply!

I note that i cant remove nut from the wall pipe as he is behind the ring. So i just uncsrew one side from compression equal and screw up to the wall.. I am right?

Thanks for proper reply!

I note that i cant remove nut from the wall pipe as he is behind the ring. So i just uncsrew one side from compression equal and screw up to the wall.. I am right?

correct remove intsert coupling cut pipe to what you want

Great! thanks! Hope it works.
[automerge]1582653067[/automerge]

[automerge]1582653400[/automerge]
You do realise that that was a joke - right?
That will look pig ugly, may as well use braided flexi's and change them every year.
I like it how it looks.

Last edited:
Well it will work, probably, but yeah it'll be a big bundle of fittings. For some people that doesn't matter though and it's up to them.

I wouldn't do it but some folks won't mind.

I totally agree that breaking the pipe out a bit and doing it properly then a pretty simple making good would be the correct way though.

Well it will work, probably, but yeah it'll be a big bundle of fittings. For some people that doesn't matter though and it's up to them.

I wouldn't do it but some folks won't mind.

I totally agree that breaking the pipe out a bit and doing it properly then a pretty simple making good would be the correct way though.
Thanks for your comment.

Well sure there is a better way to make it look more esthetic, but with my previous digging experience there was so much damage to the wall and the reason was because they were unable to fit they hydraulic pipe compression tool..

So if there is another way with minimal damage and more better look, then sure - I am in!

Reply to Need help with radiator valve extension. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock