Search the forum,

Discuss Need help with connecting a dryer (no gas line knowledge) in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

N

newbiecorey

Hi all, did a quick google search and came across here! I hope you can help me out with what seems like a very simple solution, I just don't have the proper knowledge of it. I'm just trying to connect a gas line to a dryer, looked up the simple video go-to guides. However, each time I install I get a leak. I thought it was because I was overtightening and stripping some fitting, but I was extremely careful this last time and it still is leaking. My updated concern now is that I have a flared female going to a straight male piece input to the dryer... could that be it? I would need flared/flared fittings? Or nonflared/nonflared? Sorry if my terminology is off, I don't have proper term knowledge on the subject.

I can't find where to upload pictures if that might be of any help...

Thanks for any input!
-Corey

just get a gas engineer out to do the job , its not going to cost you the earth, PLUSS you will not go bang later with a gas leak, which he can test correctly from the meter to make sure its right.

Reply to Need help with connecting a dryer (no gas line knowledge) in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock