Search the forum,

Discuss need help ,new boiler advice , what pump and will any rads do? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

that bloke.

i had a man from calor come round and survey my house (currently a building site) , he recommended an lpg greenstar 28i junior combi. the house is average sized , two bedrooms , landing/room , kitchen , dining , bathroom , sitting room , hallway , utility room , separate wc, and little storage room.
all need to be heated.
the greenstar is 28Kw 95,500 Btu's , with a Flow Rate of 11.4 litres/min ,
is this powerful enough do you think? not that i dont trust the calor man but thought i would ask.
also , what kind of pump would i need for this?

lastly , i asked him what sized rads i should use and he more or less said the biggest i could fit without being too stupid about it. i want to fit panel rads upstairs and cast iron downstairs but because i am buying second hand i have to take what i can find (without buying stupidly small of big rads) so would it be better to oversize the boiler just in case?

yes will cope no probs,though personally would go for a 30kw potterton performa lpg as i know are more reliable but thats just my veiw both have 6 mtr grundfos pumps included in the boiler which is more than up to it i have a 30 kw performa doing 2 massive offices on zones it flys the heat out

lovely , thank you. so , its got a pump built in? that saves me a few quid then.

oooh , hang on , just googled the potterton although more powerful is a couple of hundred pounds cheaper.
lovely. thanks again.

Potterton Promax 24HE Plus Combi Boiler LPG

Last edited by a moderator:
yes built in all you need in one box another point on worcesters to service properly you pay for a burner gasket,special brush and service cost +flue gas anilizer needed+plus they are made out of plastic.to service a performa just the service charge

no not the promax performa

lovely , thank you. so , its got a pump built in? that saves me a few quid then.

oooh , hang on , just googled the potterton although more powerful is a couple of hundred pounds cheaper.
lovely. thanks again.

Potterton Promax 24HE Plus Combi Boiler LPG

no not the promax the performa yes its a band b but theres NOTHING in running costs and it is a simple combi and parts are cheap

Last edited by a moderator:
are they available in lpg? i am looking now but all i can see are natural gas with an optional lpg conversion kit.

yes and you need the kit basically its just the jets which are strait forward to change

so whats the difference between the promax and the performa? i am just thinking that if i need to buy a kit it might work out easier just to buy the lpg promax.

promax is a band a performa is a band b performa is a simple design launched 11 years ago so all the bugs are ironed out been modified for he technology, it has a aliminium silicate secondry heat exchanger with i have had 3 fail out of 135 boilers they take an hour to change and cost 60 quid but only fail if the systems dirty. the promax is based on the baxi platinum and duotec also the potterton gold is the same. they are dedicated band a condens boilers with stainless steel heat exchangers but the performa has proved its self to be reliable and thats why oneis powering my home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to need help ,new boiler advice , what pump and will any rads do? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock