Search the forum,

Discuss need help for my brother. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bobski

hi there i need some help for my brother.

as i stick mainly to bathroom fitting i dont really have a clue.

the problem is he had a boiler fitted not long after i done his bathroom.

the bolier keeps losing pressure and when below 0.5 its stops working not giving any hot water or heating.

the gas pipe is also too small. as they have been told. and is due to be redone in a larger diameter. next week.

the biggest problem is now when you run the hot water in the bathroom. it has to be turned to very low flow to actually get hot water from the outlet.

i cant realy work out why the water temp is lower when the faucet if fully opened in the bathroom but ok in the kitchen.

the boiler is located above the bathroom in the loft. and the kitchen down stairs.

i do think that the hot water connection runs down stairs before returning back up.

the thing is my bro is convinced there is a leak under his floor. and yeah i could go with that we will need to make a hatch to reach the solem to check. to see. but i also remember readin once that a bad design with the pipe rising at a certain angle could enduce air in to the system.

please can you help

i am giving him my iser name and password. so if any one can offer advice they can speak to him.

As you use the word "faucet" I assume you are not based in the UK?

If the system is losing pressure, it will either be one or more leaks in the system. Depending on how long it takes to lose pressure there may not be visible water as it may evaporate from the hot pipes at the rate it is leaking. Look for white/yellow residues on pipework joints.

Alternatively it could be the expansion vessell (the big red round metal tank). This contains a "balloon" full of compressed air which squashes as the system water expands. If some of the air has leaked out, the balloon will squash at lower pressures and extra expanding water will be lost, thus the pressure will drop when the system cools.

As to the flow, the instructions will give you the max expected flow rate (in litres (or gallons) per minute).

You may have the wrong type of tap fitted in the bathroom (low pressure tap).

Problems with airlocks due to bad design are more of a problem in gravity systems.

Last edited:
boiler will only supply water at a set flow to give the right temperature if you run more flow you get less temp if gas pipe is under sized this will reduce the capability of the boiler to reach temp for the flow rate specified
check the prv isnt passing any water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to need help for my brother. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock