Search the forum,

Discuss Need help finding the correct fittiments / reducers in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I have a water pump with a 50mm fitting and I would like to reduce it so I can fit a 10mm hose to it, it's difficult to explain so I'll try and show it in pictures:

Water pump:
s-l1600.jpg

On the left side you have the connector I need to work off, I need to add a tee piece and then reduce both ends to accept a 10mm hose, an example:
DyKmfrq.png

I've spent quite a while searching the websites of screwfix and toolstation to try and achieve it but can't seem to get the exact piping down, I managed to find a 50mm tee piece and then a reducer to 32mm or 40mm but from there I get a bit stuck.

Any suggestions?

Remove all the plastic and start at the pump outlet: The pump outlet will either be a 1 1/2 or 2 inch bsp female. Fit an iron or brass bsp reducer to take it to 1 inch bsp female. Then fit a male 1inch bsp to 28mm compression. Thereafter plumb in standard copper to get you to the size and orientation you want.

You will almost certainly need a further (larger) outlet to reduce the back pressure that will develop in the configuration you are proposing.

Also be aware that the pump is capable of moving solids in the delivery flow that may block the smaller diameter outlets you are proposing.

The smaller diameter fittings and connections you are proposing need to be very well plumbed in or they will blow off or split.

Hi sorry got a few measurements wrong, the pipe ID is 15mm.

The one end of the tee is going up to a vapor blasting gun while the other end will continuously flow back into the water to agitate the slurry mixture so hopefully no pressure buildup causing issues.

Lots of good advice in @Brambles post, is it not possible to upgrade the outlet to a larger size?

The pump also relies on water flow for cooling, if you limit this dramatically by fitting a 15mm outlet you will likely shorten its working life dramatically.

Reply to Need help finding the correct fittiments / reducers in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, Can anyone help? I have been searching but with no luck. I am trying to fit a Duravit shower trap which has a 50mm outside diameter euro pipe size outlet. I need to attach it to a 40mm UK size waste pipe and would prefer to solvent weld it as the pipe will be under a tiled...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have been trying to find a replacement shower hose that match these ends, but we haven't had any luck. The hose ends we see online or have purchased don't have the same end that goes into the shower tap (hose end on the right in the picture) Does anyone know where to get hold of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am converting a house into 11 flats run by electric only. Each flat will have a kitchen and a mini electric boiler to power the sink and the shower. We were told by a plumber that we would require a 50mm diameter supply from the water board, this is quoted at £11,000. We have also...
Replies
Views
Hi I have always had a poor water delivery to my bathroom and en-suit basins. The cold is just about acceptable but the hot is pathetic coming from the tank on the same floor. Both rooms have isolator valves fitted in the correct direction and then to flexi tails that just reduce the flow...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock