Search the forum,

Discuss Need help finding the correct fittiments / reducers in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I have a water pump with a 50mm fitting and I would like to reduce it so I can fit a 10mm hose to it, it's difficult to explain so I'll try and show it in pictures:

Water pump:
s-l1600.jpg

On the left side you have the connector I need to work off, I need to add a tee piece and then reduce both ends to accept a 10mm hose, an example:
DyKmfrq.png

I've spent quite a while searching the websites of screwfix and toolstation to try and achieve it but can't seem to get the exact piping down, I managed to find a 50mm tee piece and then a reducer to 32mm or 40mm but from there I get a bit stuck.

Any suggestions?

Remove all the plastic and start at the pump outlet: The pump outlet will either be a 1 1/2 or 2 inch bsp female. Fit an iron or brass bsp reducer to take it to 1 inch bsp female. Then fit a male 1inch bsp to 28mm compression. Thereafter plumb in standard copper to get you to the size and orientation you want.

You will almost certainly need a further (larger) outlet to reduce the back pressure that will develop in the configuration you are proposing.

Also be aware that the pump is capable of moving solids in the delivery flow that may block the smaller diameter outlets you are proposing.

The smaller diameter fittings and connections you are proposing need to be very well plumbed in or they will blow off or split.

Hi sorry got a few measurements wrong, the pipe ID is 15mm.

The one end of the tee is going up to a vapor blasting gun while the other end will continuously flow back into the water to agitate the slurry mixture so hopefully no pressure buildup causing issues.

Lots of good advice in @Brambles post, is it not possible to upgrade the outlet to a larger size?

The pump also relies on water flow for cooling, if you limit this dramatically by fitting a 15mm outlet you will likely shorten its working life dramatically.

Reply to Need help finding the correct fittiments / reducers in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock