Search the forum,

Discuss Need help bleeding system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Can anyone help me bleed my heating system as I am stumped

Ok well I have a Vieasman vitrodren 100 system that has 2 circulation pumps, and the one pump is making a humming noise but is working fine. I have hot water heating baseboards in the rooms and this has been working for 6 years. I just wanna bleed the system of all the gunk before the heating season starts and move the stale water. At the same time I wanna change the pump. I see all those hose bibs but can remember the sequence

have you got venting / flushing points? eg

Here is some pics of my setup

Attachments

• C5A6ABB1-5B0D-4C5D-A5DB-3F6D9B7368B1.jpeg
    C5A6ABB1-5B0D-4C5D-A5DB-3F6D9B7368B1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
  • 729D4A82-CAB7-477C-84EF-1304AF659D05.jpeg
    729D4A82-CAB7-477C-84EF-1304AF659D05.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
  • C2F63AE3-7F54-4D75-A7AB-4EF3E052431E.jpeg
    C2F63AE3-7F54-4D75-A7AB-4EF3E052431E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
  • AE038B33-A312-4805-82F2-EB486380DE04.jpeg
    AE038B33-A312-4805-82F2-EB486380DE04.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
You can put it into bleeding mode and it should run the pumps and you can bleed/replace while it’s doing it. Search for a service manual would be your best bet as I doubt many people are that familiar with the system hth

You can put it into bleeding mode and it should run the pumps and you can bleed/replace while it’s doing it. Search for a service manual would be your best bet as I doubt many people are that familiar with the system hth
No that is not a option with that system as I had the tech install hose bins for bleeding

Looks easy for three circuits

Any chance of a better pic of the circuits to the left of the boiler

Blue headed valves are your purge point so hose pipe onto that outside

Close the red lever valves after them

Turn power off to the system etc

Manually open the zone valves (note if you didn’t turn the power off the pump would run)

Open the blue head valve you should start to hear water flowing also you should hear the auto fill start to open eg letting water in etc

Give it a good 10 mins or until clean then turn the blue headed valve off

If you have gycol in the system best option would be to get a plumber to flush the system and re dose with fresh stuff

Watch the vid I posted will give you an idea what to do

Ian there anyone on this forum I can FaceTime this with as I wanna try to bleed it first and see if that fixing the humming noise in the pump and if not gen I will replace the pump and just re bleed it

Are both pumps around the same temperature to touch ?

Here you go I hope this helps
I realise that the wiring code in Canada may not be the same as in the UK but nonetheless... Assuming those are mains zone valves, your wiring looks unsafe to me. A competent electrician needs to rewire your zone valves with the correct type of cable and connectors.

I realise that the wiring code in Canada may not be the same as in the UK but nonetheless... Assuming those are mains zone valves, your wiring looks unsafe to me. A competent electrician needs to rewire your zone valves with the correct type of cable and connectors.

They come like that I believe there low voltage etc you see most ca / us wired like that

Yes more less but I think one is for hot water and one is for heating that I have not used yet as I live in Vancouver canada and it is still summer here

You might be ok normally if it’s getting Goosed will run a lot hotter and won’t pump as well

Ok I see the pump maybe still ok but I have new one sitting but for learning purposes I wanna learn to bleed it first and then test if the pump was hiking air or if it is still noisy then I will replace it and bleed it again
[automerge]1567444184[/automerge]
Can anyone help me via video chat
[automerge]1567449838[/automerge]
Anybody able to help me out

Last edited:
Anybody ????

I just don’t wanna mess it up
[automerge]1567577461[/automerge]
Blue headed valves are your purge point so hose pipe onto that outside

Close the red lever valves after them

Turn power off to the system etc

Manually open the zone valves (note if you didn’t turn the power off the pump would run)

Open the blue head valve you should start to hear water flowing also you should hear the auto fill start to open eg letting water in etc

Give it a good 10 mins or until clean then turn the blue headed valve off

If you have gycol in the system best option would be to get a plumber to flush the system and re dose with fresh stuff

Watch the vid I posted will give you an idea what to do
Can you please help me

Last edited:
Anybody ????

I just don’t wanna mess it up
[automerge]1567577461[/automerge]

Can you please help me

Sorry no best get a pro out

I thought this forum is to help DIY People learn and ask advice cause I am a antique car restorer on many forums and lots of us share knowledge and experiences but I am not sure if I even have he correct forum

Reply to Need help bleeding system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a worchester heat slave 18/25 and continually needs bleeding of the Kero, runs all day when bled. when it cuts out on the stat it wont start again without bleeding
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I seem to have lost a bleed nipple from one of my rads somehow. It’s a double rad, one side of the rad has a nipple, the other is gone and I need to bleed it to stop the bubbling noise. How can I fix this please? Is it possible to buy a new one and if so how do I know what to ask for...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
I bought the a bleed valve from S****fix about a year ago: s****fix.com/p/radiator-vent-blanking-plug-nickel-2-pack/40972 It worked fine initially, but I noticed that the little bleed screw needed to be turned a little tighter each time I bled that radiator to seal it up again. Having bled it...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock