Search the forum,

Discuss Need help along the way in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nathan

I've recently become redundant from my 4 and a half year long draughtsman job, and have eagerly taken it as kick in the butt to actually getting in the right job.

I've been toying with the idea of becoming a plumber for quite a while now. I'm currently refurbishing my second home (as in I've moved once already :rolleyes:) and the plumbing part (as much I was able to do myself) gave me a real taste for it.

I actually found this forum as I was trying to find out the difference between C&G 6128 and 6129. I've been looking down the fast-track route and have actually been offered a supposedly "limited" placement on a training course.

Once passed I'd end up with an ONC certificate (Open College Network), BPEC WRAS certificate, BPEC Unvented hot water certificate and C&G 6128 Technical certificate.

But, as I understand it, I need to ideally get 6129 (as apposed to 6128) which should then qualify me to work towards 6089, and then I’d be a worthy candidate for employment right?....

(Is 6129 actually more respectable than 6128? Or is it literally just a case that 6128 is specialized towards heating and ventilation, where as 6129 is more of an allrounder?...)

Having read a few previous posts on here about various training course I understand that they get quite a bit of bad press. I understand why, but being 28 with a mortgage to pay is it feasible to assume I’m not likely to become anyone’s apprentice anytime soon?....

Ideally though, I’d love an experienced someone to take me on as an apprentice/trainee, so if there’s anyone in the Yeovil and surrounding area… Please let me know. I’m a fast and keen learner and ideally looking for a small business to work for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need help along the way in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Here are some similar plumbing topics

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock