Search the forum,

Discuss Need help about a parallel pipe with the main pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some help to understand an additional pipe and its reason which comes out from the main pipe and then joins back in to the same pipe but with a service valve in between .
I am looking for a good place to connect the water softener in my main pipe. I would like to keep the drinking water connected to main before softening .
I hv uploaded a picture also.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

nk

WaterPipes.JPG

Looks like someone has had a water softener connected via the washing machine connections either side of balofix valve. Replace that hose with softener connections and close balofix bypass.

water softener? would expect ballerfix to be closed. where does the comes out here labelled pipe lead to? if it just loops it looks like there was a water softener piped up.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your comments. The "comes out" and "goes in" is a loop and there is no appliance connected in between. Now it looks like I should be able to connect the softener with this loop . Just making sure I am not disturbing any vital mechanism with the water flow. Also in this case do I need to worry about the , would be, softener outlet being so close to the drinking outlet ?
Tx,
Nk

Take it your only using filter for drinking water ? all other cold taps will pass through softener, no problem drinking softened water unless you have certain problems or age, see instructions with unit.

Most time we use from the drinking water pipe for drinking . But use cold water from other taps for other things like cooking. I wouldn't worry consuming softened water for the same purpose as now. But what i wasnt quite sure is whether the softener would leave anything unwanted back in its input pipe.
Tx,
Nk

Not quite sure what you mean ? any water in the mains water pipe will be untreated until it passes through the softener the untreated water will pass through the filter for drinking, but not every install requires a filter for drinking water it depends on your requirements , medical or age related things will determine if you need a filter or not.

I think I am a bit over worrying but my concern is whether the softening system releases anything unwanted back in its input side particularly when water in its input pipe is still. And then this gets into the drinking water outlet upstream . Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need help about a parallel pipe with the main pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I will need: install new 100mm pvc pipe work, 90-degree bend for new W/C install new 100mm pvc pipe work, 90-degree bend with new gully pot at rear of new extension for sink waste clean water pipe carry out 2 x Lead connections with a new T section No excavation needed, all is digged out.
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley warm air heating and hot water tank in airing cupboard. All has been working fine until yesterday. We had the water softener serviced and since then...
Replies
Views
For reasons that I won't go into. Is it possible to control the water flow to a cold water header tank without having a ballcock in the header tank? ie to place some sort of control elsewhere in the feed pipe before the water gets to the header tank - turning off the mains water supply would...
Replies
Views
I need to cap off a water connection which is the water pipe connector to an M15 hose pipe from a kitchen sprayer tap. I have included images so you can understand my problem. Can anyone tell me the best way to blank off that pipe. (That's the vertical brass pipe in the photos)
Replies
Views
hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have emptied the water tank in the loft and also closed the main stopcock. still the leak is on - hoping it will eventually stop. I have not idea how the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock